Cung Le Talks About UFC 139 Fight With Vitor Belfort

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
cung_le_large.jpg
Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le will make his UFC debut in San Jose at UFC 139, and he will be taking on Vitor Belfort after signing a six-fight deal according to Sergio Non of USA Today. The fight is, as of right now at least, the main event of the show. Le spoke to Heavy about his debut and his formidable opponent, leading off with a response to Vitor's statement about not really knowing who Cung is:

"What Vitor says doesn’t bother me. He can talk all he wants. We’ll take care of business on November 19th. Let him talk. I don’t like to talk so he can do all the talking. I’ll let him have that job and we will work it out in San Jose. Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too. We have two dangerous guys in the ring and we are going to see which one of us is more dangerous."

He won't be doing any acting in the leadup to the fight:

"Every time I commit to something I always go 185%. Right now I’m not doing any movies and won’t while I prepare. There will be no distractions and I’m just going to focus on this fight."

He also speaks about being part of Team AKA and that he will do his training with them for the fight. There has been some backlash regarding the matchup, mostly due to varying opinions on Vitor Belfort. Is this just a squash match for him? Does Le deserve this fight? Or is it just a fan-friendly standup scrap that shouldn't be taken too seriously? I personally have no problem with them facing off, other than the fact that Le might be jumping the line in regards to Strikeforce fighters getting into the UFC. I also think it's a terrible main event if it does indeed stay on top. But it should be entertaining at least, and apparently that's what the kids like nowadays.

More SBN coverage of UFC 139