Cruiserweight championship over US title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
yes/no
if you say no go fuck yourself :finger:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Good things for the Cruiserweight title:

-Something for the guys like Gabriel and Hunico to do besides be in random fodder on Superstars.
-A consistent cruiserweight presence on the show.

Good things about the US Title:

Cruiserweight title wins.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It would probably be a benefit, because if there was a Cruiserweight title, they would have to do a cruiserweight division, which would have it's own dedicated time every week with fast-paced high-flying matches, which would be awesome. Since the US title was booked into... where it is today, yeah, the Cruiserweight title would be nice. If booked correctly of course, if they're just going to do the same they did to the US title I don't care.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
No this
570ef83e08cf81a301361e0bdeb31b7f.jpeg

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
There's a reason the Cruiserweight Title no longer exists today... Because the cruiserweight division never really got over much in WWE, and it likely wouldn't if you brought it back today. Also, with guys like Daniel Bryan and Rey Mysterio either winning world titles or otherwise competing for them, it shows you can win major titles even outside of your own weight division (that would include IC and US belts) so I say No.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
There's a reason the Cruiserweight Title no longer exists today... Because the cruiserweight division never really got over much in WWE, and it likely wouldn't if you brought it back today.

I've never understood that article. Even in modern WWE talented cruiserweights get over really fast. Sin Cara for example.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Casuals like watching high flyers more because they do all these flips and jumps and make everything look amazing. That attracts people, and they want them to be the center of attention for people will pay to see them.

MarkyMark

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If you look at my Sig you know my answer

Give me the Cruiserweight title every time.

Reaction score
Yes! i think it was gregory helms (Hated him as hurricane though) who dominated the division and it was good. Yeah sure i would like to see the likes of gabriel and kidd going for cruiserweight, and make the IC cross brand so the likes of Kofi, Ryder, Rhodes can all compete as midcard.
Any one agree?

Reaction score
I loved the cruiserweight division back in the days, always high-flying action non stop, so hell yeah:win:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Swapping out one meaningless belt for another meaningless belt but with a weight limit.

Sure, why not. Won't happen though