Cro Cop Returning To K-1 in March

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
In a recent video interview, Mirko said that he is returning to kickboxing, specifically saying that he'd be fighting on March 10 in Zagreb, Croatia. No opponent is set yet, but a name that's been floating around is Dzevad Poturak. It's tough to imagine Mirko winning in kickboxing after getting knocked out three times in a row in MMA, but he said, "It's much easier to prepare for a K-1 bout...You don't have much grappling and fighting on the mat. It's much easier."

Cro Cop also details the injury to his right arm and how he is rushing back against his doctor's advice. He said that he is essentially right now with one arm and two legs. I don't think it's a good idea for Cro Cop to be rushing back from an injury, especially at this stage in his career. Nevertheless, everytime we think Cro Cop is done, he comes back and fights again, whether he should or shouldn't.

MMAJunkie.com

Deuce

Reaction score
The guy doesn't have it anymore, he isn't as durable as he used to be. I remember when he could take a kick to the chin but now you punch him once or twice in the chin and he is done. I think I will still follow him to see how well he does in kickboxing but I don't expect much since he can't take a beating. I like Cro Crop and all but he is pathetic now to what he used to be like.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
the guy is almost like Liddell in that he can still fight and if he catches you... you are done. But he can't take too much abuse anymore otherwise he is done for.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Be interesting to see how he does since it is K1 and not MMA. Might be a good move since it is a bit of a change and it goes back to what he did best. If he actually tries to throw some kicks and punches he should do alright but at the end in UFC he wasn't getting on the offensive anywhere near as much as he should have.