Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel on Netflix

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

YO!! I know the guys from Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel were doing a visit of the Cecil Hotel and getting involved in the Case with Elisa so when I saw this I knew I need to see this as well.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll watch this. I watch all the true crime/mystery related stuff. It's fascinating to me. Always been intrigued by the Elisa Lam case. It's probably just a mental breakdown but the footage is chilling, like she's being followed. As an isolated case, it wouldn't raise as many eyebrows I don't think. It's the fact the Cecil Hotel has such a weird history, which makes it the more chilling.

Also, the footage is just weird. If you read the wiki, it makes the case even more unsettling:

Her disappearance had been widely reported; interest had increased five days prior to her body's discovery when the Los Angeles Police Department released a video of the last time she was known to have been seen, on the day of her disappearance, by an elevator security camera. In the footage, Lam is seen exiting and re-entering the elevator, talking and gesturing in the hallway outside, and sometimes seeming to hide within the elevator, which itself appears to be malfunctioning. The video went viral on the Internet, with many viewers reporting that they found it unsettling. Explanations ranged from claims of paranormal involvement to bipolar disorder, which Lam took medication for. It has also been argued that the video was altered prior to release.

Why was the footage possibly altered? Very creepy.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I wonder if that is talked about with the altering of the video before releasing it. I've seen the video and it seems like she is seeing this coming off some kind of drug because my Brother who passed away in November at times would see things with his drug use. One time he said to us theirs someone across the Street at that Gas Station wanting to fight me and kill me get inside Mom. We looked over there and we saw no one so it could be that, or it could be something paranormal of something only she can see. I know the guys from Ghost Adventures in the Ad for it wanting to dive into that idea hard and I really need to find it somewhere, but with it being on their Streaming Service now it might be hard to find it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder if that is talked about with the altering of the video before releasing it. I've seen the video and it seems like she is seeing this coming off some kind of drug because my Brother who passed away in November at times would see things with his drug use. One time he said to us theirs someone across the Street at that Gas Station wanting to fight me and kill me get inside Mom. We looked over there and we saw no one so it could be that, or it could be something paranormal of something only she can see. I know the guys from Ghost Adventures in the Ad for it wanting to dive into that idea hard and I really need to find it somewhere, but with it being on their Streaming Service now it might be hard to find it.

I used to watch Ghost Adventures back in the day. It was entertaining enough, but felt a bit fake. Zak Bagans was a quality host, though. It used to make me laugh how he'd react to certain stuff. I think the creepiest episode I watched was Bobby Mackey's Music World. I think they went twice, and always encountered super creepy shit.

I know Bipolar Disorder can really mess people up, and play with their minds. It's certainly plausible that is all it was. It just feels like there is more than meets the eye. There is too much extra stuff that doesn't make sense about it.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Starting to watch this, I kind of laugh the way the describe it as haunted. A lot of bad things happened because it was the cheapest hotel option around.

As far as Elisa Lam I feel like it was someone who worked at that hotel that killed her. For a young woman to enter a place like that alone she was a sitting duck.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So I've been keeping these Episodes from the Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel from Netflix and the Ghost Adventures back from watching and I decided to watch the Ghost Adventures Episode dedicated to the Hotel and theirs alot of creepy shit in it. Rarely do I get weirded out seeing a Sink Faucet turn on on it's own and these guys in multiple Rooms in the Hotel captured voices saying hello and their names. One such person was Jack Unterweger who from their Story killed three people during his time there and when one of the guys asked him his name he said Jack and he also asked who did you touch and he said you're Mom. Surely theirs a presence that doesn't want to leave at all and as I type this up I have the Bathroom Light on almost feels like I'm a kid again afraid or the dark. I just might dive into these Episodes from Netflix if I'm up to it tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This was kind of a let down since Netflix has had so many good docs recently. They dragged it out for too many episodes. There are better short videos on Youtube that describe it.

• Wow
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Yeah wasn't a fan of this, could have been an hour and a half documentary.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah wasn't a fan of this, could have been an hour and a half documentary.

Damn you too Necro I might need to give you guys the link to watch the Ghost Adventures Episode on the Cecil to compare.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Damn you too Necro I might need to give you guys the link to watch the Ghost Adventures Episode on the Cecil to compare.
I don't really like anything related to ghost adventure stuff, never interested me much. I was extremely interested in the case, but not much was added with this documentary that I didn't already know.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished the first Episode and it's solid stuff so far. Like you guys I know the Story with her but man that Footage everytime I watch it it gets more creepy. I've seen people in my family act like that off of Drugs like Elisa was acting but for the Elevator not to close twice when she's pressing multiple buttons makes hairs on the back of head go up. Who knows who she was hanging out with for her time there she could of just said hello to someone and that person or persons followed her to the Cecil. People wonder how does a place get like that and once you allow one bad Apple it's going to turn to ten before you know. I really wanted to see if one of the past GMs from the 70-90s was involved because I wanna know what he or she has to say when that was the height of problems within the Motel.