Create your own wrestling brand/company (for fun)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I know some of you like to get creative with wrestling so I thought this could be fun.
You don't have to take this too seriously, just share a bit on it and discuss it with others.

Pick a name for your company/brand. (You can design a logo if you want to.)
Share what some weekly shows, belts, matches, PPVs, etc. may be titled.
Then pick 10 (or more) wrestlers you would sign on to your company.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Pick a name for your company/brand. (You can design a logo if you want to.)
FGW: Fake Gay Wrestling. Why even bother beating around the bush these days? Just call the product what it is.

Share what some weekly shows, belts, matches, PPVs, etc. may be titled.
Roulette Championship: A championship that is always fought in a stipulation determined randomly via a roulette. The challenger is likewise determined through roulette.

3/5 falls match: Exactly what the name implies. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - my favorite fighting game - has all professional tournament matches played with first-to-three wins as the norm. 2/3 falls matches are already great, but making them 3/5 feels more exciting to me since there can be more of a deficit in play for booking comebacks and for having more time in the match. 3/5 is the furthest a normal match can go until it's better off just being an iron man match.

Russian roulette match: Exactly what the name implies. The downside is that I'll be down one member of the roster upon the match's completion.
Then pick 10 (or more) wrestlers you would sign on to your company.
  1. The Miz
  2. Samoa Joe
  3. Daniel Bryan
  4. Cesaro
  5. Seth Rollins
  6. Dean Ambrose
  7. Kalisto
  8. Ryback
  9. Big E. Langston (I'm giving him his surname back)
  10. Zack Sabre Jr.

I feel this to be a good combination of in-ring talent, microphone talent, and gimmick/appearance diversity. A roster full of vanilla midgets won't stand out; I need contrast between performers so things can feel more interesting. I also tried to avoid having too many older aged stars since I'd like to ideally build my brand around people that'll stick around for a while.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Company Name would be Grand Tennessee Wrestling and it will be based in Memphis, Tennessee. Weekly shows will air on Saturday nights and be called Saturday Night Wrestling. The main belt will be the Tri-Region Belt, mid belt would be the Interstate Belt, tag team belt would be Tennessee Tag Belt, and the women's belt would be called The Southern Belle Belt. I could list a bunch of matches, but instead, I will just name some match types that would be used such as Memphis Deathmatch, (Major Tennessee City) Street Fight, Tennessee Bull Rope, Tornado Tag, and some more. PPV's would be once or twice a month with four major ones being Hard Knox held in Knoxville, Music City Madness held in Nashville, Tennessee River Revenge held in Chattanooga, and Battle of the Royals held in Memphis. A minor on would be Rolling Thunder held in Bristol.

Male Wrestlers
Elias (Face)
AJ Styles (Face)
Johnny Gargano (Face)
Ricochet (Face)
Daniel Bryan (Face)

Seth Rollins (Heel)
Brain Kendrick (Heel)
Hideo Itami (Heel)
Velveteen Dream (Heel)
Tye Dillinger (Heel)

Female Wrestlers
Bayley (Face)
Ember Moon (Face)
Sarah Logan (Face)
Becky Lynch (Face)
Candice LaRae (Face)

Asuka (Heel)
Charlotte Flair (Heel)
Sasha Banks (Heel)
Sonya Deville (Heel)
Nikki Cross (Heel)

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Company name would be: Universal Wrestling Arts

Main location would be at New York, New York. Shows would be weekly, Monday evening from 9-10:30 PM. Main championship would be the Universal championship, tag team championships are the Twin Galaxies championships and women's championship would be the Cosmos's Championship. The company kayfabe wise is also owned by an advanced Artificial Intelligence fascinated by the art of wrestling. Pay-Per-Views are six times a year. One for every two months, and with two major ones. The third and sixth. Pay-Per-View names:

1. Rotated Sun ((minor PPV))

2. Moonsault Arts ((Minor PPV (interactive PPV with fans too, holding a contest to see which can do the best moonsault. Winner gets a trophy. Random, but fun idea))

3. Galactic Starlight ((Major PPV (First year I want the Universal Championship defended in an iron man match. Every championship is defended that night))

4. Comet ((Minor PPV))

5. Rise to the Stars ((Minor PPV(This PPV is basically King of the Ring. The winner here goes to fight the Universal champion at the next PPV in a 2 out of 3 count match.))

6. Slammiversal ((Major PPV and biggest of the year. Every championship is defended this night. and will try hard to get a special guest to either host or assist in putting over new talent.))

As for wrestling. I'm still getting into wrestling again, so my list may be short:

1. Daniel Bryan (Face)
2. Bobby Roode (Heel)
3. AJ Styles (Face)
4. The Miz (Heel)
5. Dolph Ziggler (Heel)
6. Bray Wyatt (Heel)
7. Big E (Face)
8. Kofi Kingston (note: more serious single competitor, even world championship shots. Face.)
9. Asuka(Face
10. Charlotte Flair (Face)

I'm only sticking with ten because I want most of my talent to be home grown. I want to use the people I signed and build them up as well, but I want to have my roster mostly home grown if possible, for as long as possible. Some of the matches we will have are 2/3 falls count matches(PPV), iron man matches(PPV), cage match(rare on weekly shows), hardcore matches(depends on rivalries, mostly uncommon on weekly shows, but can be on PPV too) and a couple special. The first being Art of Wrestling. This one stating no punches or kicks, only grappling and winning by submission. The second is a joke match. The two wrestlers instead have to give a speech as to why they're better than the other. Whoever has the better speech, wins. The Intel of Wrestling is what it's called.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Promotion: WWA - Wrestling With Attitude based out of Toronto, ON
d3af31a26105c7f9c519ab7398447639

Shows would be on Saturday and Sunday nights.. 6 PPV's, one every 2 months.. It would be a hardcore promotion, with thumbtacks, barbed wire, broken glass, light tubes ect... like CZW, just way better.

4 Titles

World Champion - AJ Styles
Television Champion - Kenny Omega
Women's Champion - Alexa Bliss
Tag Champion - Young Bucks

Roster

Male Roster
AJ Styles (Face)
Braun Strowman (Face)
Kenny Omega (Heel)
Seth Rollins (Face)
Young Bucks (Heel)
Daniel Bryan (Face)
Chris Jericho (Heel)
Tommaso Ciampa (Heel)
Kazuchika Okada (Face)
Bobby Roode (Heel)
Cody Rhodes (Heel)

Women's Roster
Alexa Bliss (Face)
Ivelisse (Heel)
Santana Garrett (Face)
Ronda Rousey (Face)
Bayley (Heel)
Charlotte (Heel)
Toni Storm (Face)
Shayna Bazler (Heel)
Carmella (Heel)
Tessa Blanchard (Face)

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Roulette Championship: A championship that is always fought in a stipulation determined randomly via a roulette. The challenger is likewise determined through roulette.

First, you need the real Roulette title back and I'm not giving it to you!

Because I burnt it and threw it away in a promo :urm:

May do one in a few.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'd make a Canadian based sports entertainment company. For wrestling fans, there's NJPW, ROH, Impact, PWG, CZW, Evolve, ect, it's an over saturated market. What about people who love the drama based part of it? You've got WWE (very lackluster) and sometimes TNA.

I'd try to be something like NXT, but I'll admit I've got a love for the stupid gimmicks. I could see a bunch of 90s style gimmicks where you're *blank* and a wrestler.

I'd go for a one hour show with two hour live event, so if we film two shows at once, giving the wrestlers a week off to work out, take a break, hang out with their family, work elsewhere, whatever.

I'm thinking three divisions, single women, single men, and tag men. There's one title in each division and I'd try to make the three look equal in awesomeness. I could see a huge ppv main event between the tag champs and the heavyweight champ + 1. As for the roster itself, I'd aim for some Canadian indy guys like Psycho Mike Rollins, Phil Atlas, Danny Douglass, Ethan Page, Dynamite Dylan Davis, ect. Maybe even poach some underutilized WWE guys like Tye Dillinger, Sami Zayn, and Revival

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
HFW - Heel Force Wrestling.

No baby faces, no good guys, only heels. Let the pure villains have a haven where they can exist unchanged. The biggest flaws in wrestling has always been heels changing their natures. Well, not in HFW. They would be right at home in my wrestling company.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
HFW - Heel Force Wrestling.

No baby faces, no good guys, only heels. Let the pure villains have a haven where they can exist unchanged. The biggest flaws in wrestling has always been heels changing their natures. Well, not in HFW. They would be right at home in my wrestling company.
Soooo...basically the concept of Jokes and Riddles then? I approve.

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio