Cowboy Bebop

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
giphy.gif

For anyone who loved the series, they have all the episodes on Funimation's website in great quality.
Going to re-watch all these soon. It has been awhile. If you never watched it, DO IT.

For those new to it, here is the summary:
Cocky Spike Spiegel and the crew of his spaceship, Bebop, an intrepid band of bounty hunters, land on Mars in the year 2071 chasing an enormous cash reward. The four-person team, also including looming cyborg Jet Black, fearless Faye Valentine and tech expert Edward, are in search of ex-military officer Vincent. The former hero has become a biological terrorist with an arsenal of devastating nano-bots that he'll let loose on Alba City on the night before Halloween if his demands aren't met.

Watch here: https://www.funimation.com/shows/cowboy-bebop/asteroid-blues/?qid=undefined&lang=english

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Don't forget it has one of the best themes of all time, and I am fully behind you. If you haven't seen this Anime you need to as it is a classic, and well told.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Aren't they doing a live action series of this with John Cho as Spike and Chris Pratt is involved somehow?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
For some reason I only rate anime based on how interesting the female characters would be in real life.

Faye Valentine: Stupid spank
Edward/Franchise: Smart chick. Nothing wrong with a fun goof
Mei-Fa: Naive, quiet gypsy. Would nail

Everything other chick was literally a waste. Total garbage.

Overall, wouldn't bother checking out again really.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So a friend of mine actually sent me this series a few years ago...
mainly so I had too watch it.

51G2TVK7D6L.jpg

And...well...its good & I understand why so many people hold it
in such high regard...BUT...it just wasn't for me.

Like I understand how good it is...but I just couldn't appreciate
it on this higher level most other people do.

The music is phenomenal & the Corgi is cool...but overall...it just
wasn't for me.

*Thinks*

But then again...my taste in "the animes" is kind of weird.

Its either Attack on Titan & One-Punch Man or something that is
one step away from being rated X.

I'm sure Cowboy Bebop will go through the same process all
great anime's go through...meaning an empty hollow of a live
action version will appear & piss off most of the hardcore fans.

Looking at you Ghost in the Shell...

Looking at you Last Airbender...

Looking at you Speed Racer...

Looking at you Astro-Boy...

Ugh...

That last one still hurts.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I thought it was fine overall. Not at the top of my list personally. I prefer anime with an overall story arc, and I think that's what takes me out of this one. Stand alone eps are more of a sitcom thing. My favourite episodes of the series are the multi-part ones. It was basically a 6/10 for me. For comparison my favourite anime series of all time are Berserk and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If my signature didn't give it away, one of my favorite series ever. Not my favorite anime of all-time, but certainly sits firmly within my top five. Most of the episodes are excellent with a handful of masterpieces thrown in there (and only like, one awful episode [hate you Boogie Woogie Feng Shui]), one of the greatest dubs, one of the best soundtracks to any show out there, the animation quality still holds up today (looking at episodes like Pierrot le Fou), it's one of the go to gateway anime for a solid reason. On a personal level, Bebop introduced me to several of my other favorite anime too, like Wolf's Rain, since I started following the works of the individual creators of the series. Namely Yoko Kanno (one of the best composers out there), Shinichiro Watanabe (probably my favorite director in anime), and Keiko Nobumoto (something of an unsung hero of Cowboy Bebop, she deserves more credit than I often see attributed to her). Having seen *everything* from that holy trinity of anime mind you, but any project their listed with is something I try to keep an eye on. I've yet to be disappointed with anything they put out (aside from like, that dancing episode Nobumoto wrote for Space Dandy, but whatever), Bebop is still probably my favorite from the collection though. Either that or Wolf's Rain.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley