Could this be more entertaining?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Markz

Reaction score
Okay, so 9/10 of us keep up with spioler sites and delve deep into the wrestling gossip. 8/10 of us complain about how unentertaining WWE has become. Have you begun to think that your doing it to yourself?

The new websites and forums tell you about big returns, debuts and even tell you the finish for storylines and matches. Therefore your not surprised when people make a huge return, you think "Oh, that's kinda cool..." then your not entertained and you decide it's rubbish!

If you didn't read what will happen next don't you think that you will enjoy wrestling so much more, these sites take away surprises from a business that thrives on you being surprised.

So, what do you think?

The Rated R CMStar

Not necessarily. We all knew about Jericho returning, and still I marked out like a little girl when he returned. So, I still think that if done properly, booking can still surprise you.

CenaMark54

Most of the time internet rumors are completely wrong anyway. So I always take them with a grain of salt.

The WWE has the ability to keep returns and storylines secret (HBK's return for example) so there is still always the element of surprise.

Plus some are more obvious than others. Most people were completely aware Jericho was returning just by the WWE's blatently obvious Save Us campaign.

J

Most of the time internet rumors are completely wrong anyway. So I always take them with a grain of salt.

The WWE has the ability to keep returns and storylines secret (HBK's return for example) so there is still always the element of surprise.

Plus some are more obvious than others. Most people were completely aware Jericho was returning just by the WWE's blatently obvious Save Us campaign.

True i was at the live show...Nobody had the slightest clue...plus people flipped the fuck out...Including me...So yea...I completely agree...but yea i agree wit Pele 2...Spoilers don't help...but yet I continuou to read them...

Airfixx

In short, yes, I'm convinced that spoilers play a big part in the generally jaded attitude of your average internet-bothering wrestling nut. Also harks back to discussions elsewhere on IWF about people only watching a PPV if the post-match reviews rank high enough...

There was a time when if you missed a PPV live and didn't have a mate who recorded it on their VCR you'd have to wait 4 - 6 months for the officially released cassette. You couldn't wait til the day after read the reviews and then illegally download it for free IF you in your ignorant 'wisdom' deem it to be worthwhile.

Wrestling is ALWAYS at it's best when it unfolds in front of your eyes... Said it before, but things are a lot better than they're made out to be.

the dark knight

helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

read my sig. this what i've been saying since i got here. TAKE DOWN THE SPOILERS SECTION. let it be NEWS exclusive...

i totally believe that JUST talking about wrestling reduces our suspension of disbelief...and eventually entertainment.

yea, when i first saw i thought about jericho. but the fuckin thread with all the clues made me 100% sure about it...just try watching wrestling without goin on the forum for 2 weeks, you'll notice the difference. or at least log on without reading/posting wrestling related posts.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. But I also agree that internet reports are worthless 9 time out of 10. I don't need an internet report that say, "SPOLIER!!" then I go read it and it says, "Look for Cena to retain tonight." Well no shit I could have told you that. The only thing that it really ruins is Smackdown! and returns. I don't think I needed the internet to tell me about the Y2J return because it was obvious. If the WWE would do all their big returns like they used HBK's return, things would be a lot better. But, I do agree the internet does spoil things a lot.

Reaction score
There's a simple answer, stay off the fuckin spoiler and news sites. I can say with conviction that I do and watching the shows is more enjoyable. Even the taped ones.

CT Styles

But spoilers, its like a drug you think your gonna stop and then... YOUR DOING IT AGAIN!!! I can't help it tbh.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I completely agree. That's why I don't watch SD! as much as I would if it was live. Sometimes you just don't mean to, but then you see it and you just end up reading them. But like I said before most of the time the supposed spoilers are usually wrong, the only ones that are right are the SD! spoilers because those have actually happened, spoilers regarding storylines are hardly ever right tbh.

Airfixx

C'mon guys... Nobody's holding a gun to your head to visit certain sites or click certain sections of IWF! LOL

The only time I'm party to a 'spolier' is if some prick posts one in the wrong section.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't read spoilers that much, because they do what they're supposed to do, they "spoil" things that would be a major surprise. I've watched wrestling without going on the IWC, like TDK said, and it really is a big difference. There's more of a "wow" factor and entertainment because of it.

HHHforever

Reaction score
C'mon guys... Nobody's holding a gun to your head to visit certain sites or click certain sections of IWF! LOL

The only time I'm party to a 'spolier' is if some prick posts one in the wrong section.

I know no one is holding a gun to anyone's head, but it's just one of those things. You see it so you read it. It doesn't mean someone is making me read it, I just end up reading it even though I might regret it in the long run.

The A-man

Reaction score
I always like to surprised by simply tuning in week in and week out to see and witness everything for myself. The only time I ever read spoilers is when I miss roughly two to three weeks of wrestling and I need something to help speed me up on things.

CT Styles

Okay I am not going to read RR spoilers I have promsied myself. I will just watch it. Just like a normal person who has never heard of spoiler sites.