Computing Questions.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Hey guys, I was thinking about making a nas at home and I don't quite know what i should do as i now have found a ftp site (rackspace).
Letting someone else handle the hardware and the costs of it all is very attractive considering I would have to have either a shitty donor pc for a year or so before even having a bigger hard drive and ssd's. I do have a PC i could use for this job but it would need a £200-300 upgrade easily, which i could just use for a dropbox subscription or rackspace.

I know this should be better suited for a tech forum, but I was hoping some of you could answer this question before I get shouted at by the tech forums for doing something wrong.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
You could use something like this:
What's the primary use? Rackspace is expensive just for storage, I wouldn't recommend it.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
I would love to but its invisible for me. But it would mainly host video's (edited and raw footage) and to sell it for my parent's host any family photo's, but i have this old pc, it runs xp and it would be just as expensive to update that as it is for like a years subscription to a cloud storage.

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
I have an old computer which i could use for the time being but it needs a new os and hard drive, and ideally i want a project but instant soloution to storage. I want to be able to store a huge amount of video for friends and family so I need over 1tb storage.