Comparing Wrestlers.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It's simple, read the title.

Compare any 2 or more wrestlers, you would like and debate about them. It goes like this... I pick 2 wrestlers, or more, then i give my opinion on who is better and, then the next guy, who replies by giving his opinion on it, and gives his 2 or more superstars. I thought this would be a good idea cause comparing 2 or more wrestlers brings up a heated debate. No flaming here, please.

My 2 wrestlers are: Y2J or HBK?

Now, i liek these guys alot, and i think they are one of the greatests. I never really knew who is better and the feud back then(not the recent feud) told a good story on Y2J being like HBK but he said he was better. Now i know that was kayfabe but who do you think is better?

Mic Skills

In my mind this goes to Y2J. He can be funny, serious or what ever the hell he wants to be. HBK is very strong on the mic as well which makes the 2 riverys they had so great and awesome but Y2J has to have the better mic skills.

In-Ring ability/matches

This is the thing where i have no clue on. the old HBK did lots of technical moves, and has great in-ring abilty. HBK's matches had alot of classics as well as Y2J. Y2J also used many moves back then that he doesnt use today and is also a great technical wrestler. I don't know who i'd give this one 2, so i'd make this a tie.

These are the only 2 things you really need to point out. If i where to add fan-base then that would go to HBK, cause i see more HBK fans then Y2J fans. I don't know how much merchandise was bought but i think a slight edge goes to HBK but i like Y2J better.

I guess it's just about = but since i like Y2J more. Then....

Y2J > HBK.

What do you think?

and what are your 2 or more?

P.S. I know i got no answer in the "Cena > Hart" thread but i thought no one would mind. It will be a relaxed game, no flaming, so people dont get out of hand(kinda like what happened to me in that other thread). Have fun...

Quintastic One

Reaction score
*face palm* I answered your question in my very last post but whatever, here goes nothing.

Y2J is entertaining and what not but I would say overall HBK is going to be known for more classic moments and matches. Y2J probably has a larger natural mic skill range, but HBK just totally is an awesome sandwhich with extra guacamole.

My two)

Stone Cold vs. Goldberg

Mic Skills:
Gotta give it to Austin on this one hands down, the man had such a dynamic personality and just knew exactly how to get the fans attention and keep it for good.

Ring Skills:
Although Austin has probably put on more clinics than Berg, I think all around Goldberg could do more than Austin. Steve had very good psychology, but most of his matches consisted of 20 minutes of brawling, some finisher and big move reversals, and then end match. Goldberg could move in many different ways with lethal kicks, takedowns and a very MMA style feel to him, so I give this one to Goldberg.

Popularity:
Man is that one hard to decipher. I still see people nowadays sporting Goldberg and Austin T-Shirts and caps, its just plain awesome how much impact these guys had on the attitude era. Overall I'm not entirely sure who was the more popular guy at the time.

But when it all comes down to it, I gotta go with Steve Austin. He was apart of more controversial (memorable) angles and matches than Goldberg. He just had a much better story revolved around him that wasn't so much about competition, but about a bitter hatred of his boss, that I think every young adult to middle aged American man could really relate to. So for this round, I gotta go with Austin > Goldberg.

Reaction score
I made this before you posted at Cena > Hart, i think. Sorry but anyway, i didn't want flaming cause then stupid shit would go on.

To compare them, i'd have to agree. SCSA is way stronger on the mic, but Goldberg has much better wrestling ability. The popularity is a very hard thing to answer. Not only is goldberg known for wrestling but he's known for MMA as well. But to answer the popularity i have no clue, it's to close to answer.

Like what you said, when it comes down to it, Austin > Goldberg. He is the most controversial superstar and was involved in better angles/ matches. So in my mind, Austin > Goldberg, Austin is the true better bald one in this one. lol.

My other 2 are...

Edge or Christian Cage?

Mic Skills

Very hard to decide. They both have Charisma, and memerable moments, on the mic. They are one of the best on the mic but not the best... In a slight advantage i give this to Edge.

In Ring Ability/Matches

This one is also pretty hard to tell, they both had great matches, but i think Edge had better matches. Edge was involved in some matches that will go down as classics, so has christian but Edge has a slight more classic matches. There in-ring ability are great, and they have shown what type of wrestler they can be but i would give this up to Christian. Now, Edge does have great moves and usually never looks awkard doing them but Christian has a more large move-set base, in my mind, that i can remember. He can preform top rope moves and other things. At moments they can seem awkard but i think Cage wins the Ability but not the matches, so this is about equal(=).

Fan-base/Popularity

Oh boy is this hard. Christian is deffently known world wide, along with Edge and they both are frequintly talked about. But TNA ratings are less than WWE's and im sure Edge is known more than Christian Cage by just a little bit. So i give this one to Edge.

Now, overall this was very hard to decide. Cage is prolly my favorite on TNA and Edge is one of my favs on WWE. They both were in a tag team and seperated to become champions, and both have great carrers to once look back and reflect upon. But i think Edge is overall better. So in my mind...

Edge > Christian Cage.