College decision

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Conc3pt

Reaction score
Two options for college for me:

1. Case Western Reserve University. It's going to cost roughly $50,000 per year but I am accepted into their accelerated 6 year dental program (2 year undergraduate, 4 year graduate). Graduate school will then be increased to about $80,000 per year but Case Western has a great reputation of being financially generous to their students, especially those who have a low income. Education is fantastic but from what I hear, social life is really shitty and Cleveland in general is a pretty bad place to live (people getting robbed left and right, basically nothing to do at night).

2. New York University. About $33,000 per year with a good education (not quite up to Case Western; I think Case Western is ranked 20 in Dental and NYU is ranked 32) in a standard 8 year dental program (4 year undergraduate, 4 year graduate). Tuition increases to about $70,000 per year for graduate school. Social life here will obviously blow away social life in Case Western but I'm probably going to commute everyday in order to save money.

Right now I'm leaning towards Case Western but not by much. My family, friends, and counselors at school are pretty split when I asked their opinions. I can't believe I'm asking on a forum but whatever, where the hell am I going?

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Id go to the school with the better program, fuck the social life over your future. You will gain plenty of friends and lose some over the future, so make your future the best it can be by going to the best school you can.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i could go to Case for free :smoke:

i cant get in there tho

id go to Case Western Reserve University tho cause its a better school and its downtown cleveland and theres a lot to do there.

there arent that many robberies here. i have walked around downtown at night before. u just gotta be smart about where u walk and shit. just walk with a friend or something. i know people who go to case and they have a good social life from what i know. like i said, theres a lot to do with three major sports teams plus the lake erie monsters and the cleveland gladiators, rock and roll HOF, and theres always other stuff going on.

also i know a lot of people who go to case and love it. there are a lot of opportunities there cause there are a lot of very respected doctors who work there.

EDIT: Sterl you cant just say fuck your social life for 8 years or u will end up killing yourself. u will get a good education in both places so u might as well go where u will actually enjoy going.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
good point, I didnt realize it was 8 years, I figured 4 years with a few good friends wouldn't be to bad, but 8 is rough

LadyHotrod

Two options for college for me:

1. Case Western Reserve University. It's going to cost roughly $50,000 per year but I am accepted into their accelerated 6 year dental program (2 year undergraduate, 4 year graduate). Graduate school will then be increased to about $80,000 per year but Case Western has a great reputation of being financially generous to their students, especially those who have a low income. Education is fantastic but from what I hear, social life is really shitty and Cleveland in general is a pretty bad place to live (people getting robbed left and right, basically nothing to do at night).

2. New York University. About $33,000 per year with a good education (not quite up to Case Western; I think Case Western is ranked 20 in Dental and NYU is ranked 32) in a standard 8 year dental program (4 year undergraduate, 4 year graduate). Tuition increases to about $70,000 per year for graduate school. Social life here will obviously blow away social life in Case Western but I'm probably going to commute everyday in order to save money.

Right now I'm leaning towards Case Western but not by much. My family, friends, and counselors at school are pretty split when I asked their opinions. I can't believe I'm asking on a forum but whatever, where the hell am I going?

I would say Case. It sounds like you would be far better off and I am sure you can find some people to hang out with. If you can't go anywhere, just chill out at your place or one of theirs.

Your education is far more important that a social life. When in college, it's sometimes better to have less contact so you can spend more time with your studies. Sounds boring but you wont regret it when you graduate with high marks. Sometimes, people get caught up in their social life and their grades go straight down.