Colin Delaney's Futute

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
ok so this guy just won a contract last week on ecw... im not planning on watching ecw this week but im guessing he will talk about it and have a match... hes getting a decent amount of tv time considering hes billed 5'9" 170ish lbs... hes basically in the wwe by complete luck... im a few inches bigger then this guy and i got 20-30 pounds on him... i could snap this guy in half right now...

now hes only 21 years old and he has a three year contract with the wwe i believe... do u ever think he will amount to anything or will he just be a jobber for life? at 21 u probably wont get any taller but he can work out and become stronger and bigger... do u think he will one day get a good push for a legitimate ic title or other title run? or will he just be forgotten about and not resigned after his contract is up or even fired before that?

also what do u think is next for Colin Delaney now that he has an ecw contract? who can he start a legit feud with besides armando?

EDIT: title should say "future" lol

Michael1

Reaction score
Possibly form a long term tag team with Tommy Dreamer and go after the WWE Tag Team Titles once Colin Dalaney becomes a bigger guy. Around 200 - 205 pounds lets say. I can see it happening for the guy.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The team with Dreamer sounds pretty good for awhile, but after that, he'll just be another comedy character/jobber. Honestly, I don't see him getting bigger, his size is exactly what WWE wants for his character for the long term. Just saw a Chikara match with him, and he was really charismatic, and pretty funny.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
he's definately there by complete luck seeing how he was only there to replace a local jobber because the other jobber was too big. his future, idk maybe a spike dudley like future idk, he's a jobber but i can see him winning a tag title once but thats about it

MikeRaw

Of course he'll have a future. Hes int he same position as Cody Rhodes
but he'll be an upper midcarder with some good matches on SD in about 3 or 4years. He is just starting out, and most guys arent making a name for themselves, or even in a storyline til their 25ish. So he already had one, and Im sure hes good in the ring, so he';ll have a future as a midcarder. He just needs to break in first.

Rell

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority because I'm 100% sure most of you probably have no clue as to where and who Colin was in the past, but..

WWE should sign Jimmy "Jam" Olsen and reunite the Olsen TWINS.

They're the feel good tag-team of the decade. Jimmy has a better look, and I always felt he was the better competitor of the two, may as well unite them.

Special Fx

Reaction score
This guy has the potential to be something big. Look at Jeff Hardy's debut in the wwe. He was the only jobber. Now look at him. I see Dealaney turning out to be a brian kendricks sort of guy. But you never know. I'm sure the wwe wouldn't promote him for that long to leave him lost in the wash.

P.S. Everything about this dude Rell's post is just WRONG! (except for the comment)

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
The Olsen twins were hilarious, that slow mo match was just stupid as hell that you had to love it. Though the other Olsen twin has a gay/innovative finisher that i'm against.

He was brought in as a comedy character and that's where he'll stay. Considering that WWE has used comedy in wrestling since I started watching being a comedic character sounds pretty good to a runt like Colin or anybody to that matter.

To anyone saying he'll be upper midcard I wanna know what you're on. Upper mid card is reserved for potential main eventers and Colin ain't going to change that.

He's a jobber and he's going to be one of those guys that makes squash matches enjoyable while also making the other guy look like gold.

If the crowd continues backing up Colin he'll have a job for the next decade.

MikeRaw

This guy has the potential to be something big. Look at Jeff Hardy's debut in the wwe. He was the only jobber. Now look at him. I see Dealaney turning out to be a brian kendricks sort of guy. But you never know. I'm sure the wwe wouldn't promote him for that long to leave him lost in the wash.

P.S. Everything about this dude Rell's post is just WRONG! (except for the comment)

Lol, you compare d him to Hardy and then to Brian Kendrick? Hardy would be a good thing, but I dont see Delaney being a maine venter. And Brian Kendrick< i think hes better than that. No offense to Kendrick, but hes on Raw like once a month and thats to job...
I dont know much about his mic skills (if any) but once ECW folds I see him as a midcard smackdown guy.

theovertaker

Reaction score
I really hope that they give him a push and give him a ecw title run in the future because lets face the same person ( cm punk ) haveing the title gets boring

Christian

Reaction score
He's scrawny as fuck.. I don't know, I really haven't seen any of his Indy matches or anything so I don't know his true potential.. The WWE is making him look like he's going to stay a jobber forever, let's see what they do with him first before I jump to conclusions though.

EDIT: and I think Special FX meant to say "kendrick" the first time instead of hardy. hardy wasnt a jobber while kendrick AKA SPANKY (LOL!!!) was.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

They have a real opportunity to recreate the 123-Kid deal. Delaney constantly competes in matches and keeps losing until finally someone major like MVP, Elijah Burke or John Morrison faces him thinking they're gonna get the easy win and Delaney surprises everyone and pulls off the upset.

John

i have and probably never will like him. he annoys me, it's probably the way he keeps coming back. i'm sorry but i get annoyed by people like him who's name is well know and has only won one match. and to think Overtaker told me in pm he wants him to be ECW champion. he's as bad as John Cena, and the fans do like him though so hopefully one day he'll put on some pounds and get a new gear and work out alot. he needs to,