Cody Rhodes: Will he ever become great?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
Not to be a hater, but it seems to me that Cody Rhodes just can't find his own style, if he doesn't have a tag partner. Sure, he had a heel run, but to me he still didn't draw much heat like Dolph Ziggler, or Vickie Guerrero did.

He currently seems to be the weak link in the team of Rhodes Scholars. Sandow seems to be 10 times better than him, and it seems to me as if Cody Rhodes doesn't even try to get better. Sometimes, I wonder if Damien Sandow isn't carrying Cody Rhodes' career on his back.

What do you think?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To be honest I genuinely thought last year he was a guaranteed main eventer. After recent mediocrity, I am not so sure. The guy has a decent look but I don't think it suits a face or a heel, and his promos skills have seemingly decreased from what I can see. I'm just not sold on the guy any more.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
No. He's talented, but I think his time for the main event and greatness is over, tbh. That ship has sailed, unfortunately.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I like Rhodes he has Potential,he is pretty good on the mic imo and is decent enough in the ring.He is young and still has some work to do but i think he he has a bright future.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
I like him.he has potential , but the WWE hasn't book him well. Feud vs sin cara was horrible and his psycho mask stuff was horrible as well. He needs to improve and in a point this year turn face and have a good title reign. Then he could be put into the main scene (WHC)
PD: goldust vs Cody WM 29

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I was thinking last year that it's just about time for him to go into the main-event however he hadn't. If you've watched SmackDown yesterday you'll see the latest news as to what's happened with their team.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think so. He's still very young, 27 I think, there's time. If he gets a push and a nice gimmick I bet he can do stuff (as long as he isn't buried by Big Show in the end, ugh), I thought he ran through Dashing and Undashing way too quickly. I hope they have something good in store for him.

hamza_mocro

Jobber
Reaction score
I think hes going to be Intercontinental champion or U.S. Champion buth not a WWE Champion or World Heavyweight champion

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
He will have a run as WHC champ. If swagger had it . Cody is gonna have it.

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
I kinda agree, I don't know what it is with Cody Rhodes but there's just.. something.. missing..

I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it his own style? Eh, maybe, not sure. I just feel like there's something missing that should be obvious, but isn't. I mean he's good in the ring, decent on the mic, has improved his look tremendously over the past couple of years and can really play a character. Cody needs to find that one thing that's missing and then I can see him being a main eventer.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
I think he has potential but it's like the WWE doesn't know what to do with him. The Sin Cara feud and always wanting to take off his mask wasn't a good angle for him in my opinion. He needs to have a quality rivalry, maybe against a more seasoned superstar while he works his way up towards a title shot. But in order to get a title shot I think he needs a lot more development as a character and a quality gimmick.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Just like Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler, a guy who strikes me as mostly average and who I don't see having a huge impact in the future. At least Barrett has a good look and Ziggler has great in-ring work, but Rhodes is so average in just about every category, and doesn't strike me as heavyweight championship material. His mustache is more over than his mic work or ring work is.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Personally I don't see him doing much in the future other than maybe jobbing. IF he gets better on the mic, maybe we can see him in some good feuds. No idea who with though D:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Yep, I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else on this thread. My hope is that at some point he may revamp himself - a bit like Ziggy did. But I've never thought he was ready, at the moment he's just an above average midcarder and he's never been more than that IMO. I think he will be, one day.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm on the fence with cody. I think his ability is undeniable but we will have to see. He is only 27 years old and has plenty of time to become a main eventer.