Cody Rhodes comments on "horrible run"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Back in 2011, I thought the two guys destined to be WWE’s next young champions were Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes. And while Ziggler is the current world heavyweight title holder after cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase last week, Rhodes now seems stuck on the back burner. And despite his entertaining run with the Rhodes Scholars, in my opinion, Rhodes is one of wrestling’s most underutilized talents, especially when you consider his pedigree (son of Dusty Rhodes), model-esque looks and trademark Disaster Kick.

“Gosh, this has been a horrible run,” Rhodes said as we talked about his career earlier this month before WrestleMania 29 in East Rutherford, N.J. “I feel like after Money in the Bank in Phoenix, I almost took a nose dive, career-wise. I couldn’t get the reigns on it, but I feel like I finally got the reigns on my career again, and that happens in entertainment. As much as I’m excited about seeing John Cena and The Rock, it can’t always be John Cena and The Rock, and I just hope that I can continue to grow. I’ll be 28 this summer, and I’d really like to continue furthering my career, whether it’s teaming with Damien [Sandow], or it’s back in a singles capacity.

“It’s funny, because before Rhodes Scholars, I had zero interest in doing another tag team, but I’ve really enjoyed Damien’s company. I have a different outlook on sports entertainment than Damien does, and it makes for fun TV. I’ve never really been good at the comedy elements of the business. I’ve always looked at the business in a more serious, stern fashion like the guys I grew up liking, and I’m just not a funny guy. But Damien is, and he’s also a really tough bastard, and I like that.”

Rhodes (and Sandow, for that matter) deserves better than getting bumped from WrestleMania and throwaway Raw matches against The Great Khali and Santino. Here’s hoping for bigger things as the storylines reset.

AnnaLove

Jobber
Reaction score
Agreed about the comment that he is completely underutilized. He deserve more credit, but his career does a fast nose-dive into nothing. I hope that the WWE give him the proper run and give him a chance to shine. If Wade Barrett can be a Intercontinental Champion, so does Cody Rhodes. Cody Rhode in my honest opinion, better than Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Push him damn. MITB2013 winner.wanna bet?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sucks to see what he once was and what he is now, he's a great talent who's being criminally underused.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He should have gotten the big push in 2011 when he was hot after this Mysterio feud now I just cba with him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^What these two guys said. Much like many guys in the company (or the wrestling business in general) if you'd give them gold, they'll put in the effort. If you give them shit, they'll give you shit.

We wonder why guys like Rhodes, Barrett, and Miz aren't doing the excellent work they did before, but can hardly blame them for not giving much effort when part of jobber tag teams and being directionless mid-carders breaking their necks under the glass ceiling.