CMS's BTB Rant

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Welcome to the return of CMS's Rant, often(really, really often) imitated, never duplicated. Now, let's cut the crap, we now why we are here and so let's start bashing you up :shifty:

Headfirst for Hardcore: Congratulations on being Booker of Bookers...seriously. The bashing has not yet started. You truly deserved this award as you had very interesting storylines, which were also awarded, and amazing matches, that got awarded as well. For the sake of the section and the competition, I hope you manage to keep your thread active and running. Great work man.

Rest of the Awards: It was a good award round, all the ones that deserved to win did, I just had one thing to comment about something, which brings me to:

Andrew Walker: Somewhere in between losing, much to his whining and asking for a tie, the booker of bookers award to me last ceremony, and not being good enough to defeat TRI in the tournament, or smart enough to read a pair of rules, he got bitter. I am not asking you to nominate me or vote for me, but seriously, not nominate at all, and then vote the complete opposite way? One thing is not think I deserve to be in one category, but the other to complete left me out. But, apparently, I am not the only he's bitter with:

Gardsjr: I must be missing something, because out of all the bad, and I mean bad bookers we have had in the section for the last 3 months, Andrew Walker chooses Gardsjr as....Vince Russo award? Seriously? I don't know what happen between them back in SWA, but in my mind, Gardsjr is not Vince Russo award worthy.

Tribute for Booker Award: This award has been won by The Answer, top booker for a long time and having the longest BTB in the section, by Xtremebadass, mod and winner of multiple awards, by Anigma, who by now I think I don't need to mention his resume and by...Andrew Walker. Way, and I mean way out of his league.

Well, that covers the awards, now, let's go for some general ranting for things happening in the section, comments for current bookers and comments that for one or another reason I never made in the past.

Emperor DC: All the comments he makes are right. Having multiple column threads with no real difference makes no sense. Then again, I am doing one, but then again, I can merge it with the Chat Room whenever I want, and I can infract any smart ass trying to be a... smart ass.

Tri: I truly respect you as a booker and I answer you back, I would love to make a BTB with you. And by the look of things, I will become a "free agent" very, very soon.

Switchy: You are a great, really good Booker but...Hall of Famer? Really? What has made you worthy of being a hall of famer. Now this is not a bashing because you are really good, I just don't see you doing anything hall of fame worthy. Then again, people also see you as Tribute for Booker award worthy, which in scale rate, Andre Walker is way ahead of you, and even he is out of that league.

New style BTBs: Now there's one thing that has caught my attention and is how indy BTB have been overtaking the scene, even making bookers that have no knowledge of indies use some of their superstars. Now, I really respect that, and I am fine with that, but don't use it as the reason why you are voting for Headfirst for Hardcore as best booker for an example, because by that logic, Xtremebadass wouldn't be a top booker and Leviathan would already be a 1000 time BoB.

...Tri: Did I forget to say how you right better matches than Andrew Walker? So much that he has to call conspiracy and rigged tournament so that he can avoid having to face you again.

HEW vs SWA: Really good idea...at first. It started with an amazing hype and expectation, that culminated into a PPV. It all looked great. Now, the idea has dragged and has lost momentum thanks to the delay, not to mention that HEW continued its normal course on the original thread, which imo killed it.

And now, the most important reason to make this thread:

BTWLOGO.png

Is dying...

I know it's dying, and I think most of the bookers that have followed it from the very beggining have been noticing as well. Yeah, I know I have plans, but I am reaching to the point where I don't even care about them, and I am starting to really, really think in letting it die.

Now, it's not arrogance, or hell, it's the internet, I don't really care if you think I am arrogant, BTW has been the best BTB for a shitload of time. I didn't have to go and find people to substitute totally killing the original feeling of the thread, I didn't have to go and wait weeks and weeks to post a PPV so that I "created hype", I didn't have to go and "follow the trend" and add indy wrestlers to my shows, or go for desperate measures such as one night only appearences of Kurt Angle or badly organized Wrestlemania shows to keep BTW in top.

However, for some reason, and no, it's not rigged tournaments, BTW is dying. Here are some reasons I think it's happening.

1) Competition: Yeah, BTW has survived to EWO, iMPACT, The Commencement, SWA, named it, and BTW has outlasted it. However, now there's a new kind of BTBs, a lot of them, and therefore a lot of bookers, who support each other in their style and, league of sorts, and I am thinking that BTW will not be able to outlast them.

2) Probably the most important reason: FRUSTATION. And it's not something that happened last week, but it's something that started back into the infamous C4 comments. Yeah, I love BTB, and I do it for myself, but still, I expect to see some reviews for my week long work. And recaps are not the answer, and it's just not my style, and I'd rather quit booking than to get out of my style.

And the second frustation is how much is it lasting to get to Wrestlebowl. It will be literally the best BTB show you have ever, ever read. Yeah, you'll make a point that from a promo standpoint, any XB show will best it, and Wrestlemania 24 from Anigma matchwise will, but from a booking standpoint, hype standpoint, nothing, and I mean nothing will.

So, I'll try to keep up with it, if it keeps up, I'll quit BTB, focus on the E-fed, and then, you'll have a free agent to help you with a partnered BTB.

So, let's start the feedback :tomato:

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I appreciate the subtle bashing at me being not good enough for SWA. Thanks.

Kinda seems like this whole rant was directed at Andrew.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Gardsjr: I must be missing something, because out of all the bad, and I mean bad bookers we have had in the section for the last 3 months, Andrew Walker chooses Gardsjr as....Vince Russo award? Seriously? I don't know what happen between them back in SWA, but in my mind, Gardsjr is not Vince Russo award worthy.

Nah Nothing really happened between, it was actually BKB's ideas so yeah. So dont say things like that because Andrew and I are still all good and although I get ragged on big time over MSN I sorta Deserve it, did anybody ever here about the moonsault incident lol

Alright Rant but yeah dont talk about things you have no idea about LOL Joking about some of it:smh

The Rated R CMStar

To BKB:

I never said you weren't good enough, what I said is that when Andrew and Weebo left SWA, the thread just stopped really being SWA. The title stayed there, but it was a different thread. So, it stayed being a good thread, yet it wasn't SWA in a way.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It didn't sound like that, but whatever. People take different things in different ways.

And the Gards thing was my idea, but I never thought Andrew would follow through with it :roflmao:

xtremebadass

I tip my hat to H4H at BoB. He has done an incredible job of rising through the ranks in such a short time.

Now...great RnR CMS. First off, I don't want BTW to end, but it's your decision. BTB's do get old after awhile and you are bound not to do everything you want, look what happened to iMPACT! A BTB can't go on forever dude, it eventually stops one way or another. Great job on the awards too. It was stiff competition. I still can't Hardy vs. Batista got best feud, it wasn't even close to main event worthy, but their Summerslam match made it I guess. That's besides the point. I agree with alot of your points. However, if you want to post WrestleBowl without doing all the shows, there is a way to do it with readers still respecting you and your options of writing. It won't be the same as doing it long term but it can still work. You do the WrestleBowl preview, but long as hell. Highlight every feud in detail, I mean detail, maybe post one rivalry history per day leading up to WrestleBowl, each day for hype. It could work and that would be the "closeout" to BTW if that's your wish. Think about it :). Rep for a great RnR.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I think the Vince Russo Award is not that bad, most of us misunderstand the real essence of that award. You think winning a Vince Russo award is a :( thing because of the "the" name. Any bookers who have thought of an out of this world storyline or feud for his BTB could win the Vince Russo award.

Well, about the HEW vs. SWA, I am very :( that it lose it's shine due to its very very very LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG delay but I hope you still try to read the show 'coz I would like to tell you guys that me and Andrew put a really great show and I hope you will all like it.

Moonlight Drive

Nice rant CMS, ye speak the truth. And I hope BTW sticks around, I completely agree, from a booking standpoint, it is one of the best.

And you are definitely not arrogant lol

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I really don't think I deserve anything, especially some of the awards I won. I think it's kind of funny at the rise of all the Indy BTB's, because most of them don't last a long time, I'm thinking 3 out of 10 succeed, which isn't that great. Everyone from Kid-O-Mac/Hulkstar to the Aussie 3 have tried an Indy BTB, and it hasn't worked. The only reason I have the roster I have is because I knew only a few people would try to copy me. And now to see that it's the "new style," I chuckle.

and CMS quitting BTW would really be bad. Wrestlebowl should be a nice goodbye, but I'm hoping your hiatus won't be that long. The section needs someone to dickride and idolize, I'm hoping you stick around.

Qwake

^ maybe they could ride the new Booker of Bookers dick :shifty:

Alright rant, summed up alot of stuff including the Awards. With the whole BTW things its a shame that it could be coming to an end, its obviously quite a popular BTB throughout the history of BTB in IWF. If you can keep it going then good but if not then it was good while it lasted and maybe you could form a good BTB with someone like Tri.

Switchy

Reaction score
Switchy: You are a great, really good Booker but...Hall of Famer? Really? What has made you worthy of being a hall of famer. Now this is not a bashing because you are really good, I just don't see you doing anything hall of fame worthy. Then again, people also see you as Tribute for Booker award worthy, which in scale rate, Andre Walker is way ahead of you, and even he is out of that league.

I have a huge amount of respect for you for saying that. I definately don't deserve to be in the HoF or even get the tribute award because I have achieved nothing and just because I've been around long and can write good matches I still haven't achieved what I want to achieve. Now even though I don't deserve the award I still take pride in the fact that I'm in there with the people who are in the HoF and even though I'm already there I wanna prove that I'm worthy of my place.

As for the rest of it I dunno much about the whole Andrew Walker thing but those are your opinions and everything and I don't know shit so I won't argue but I can't beleive BTW may be ending. I'm kinda speechless but Iknow you'd be doing it for the best so if you do good luck with the e-fed and everything.

MK3

Reaction score
Good rant. Whatever you decide to do with BTW, i hope it's not permanent, cause that is one, if not the best BTB on this site right now.

MR.BIG

Reaction score
good rant when will there be another one.....and it kinda sucks your quiting your BTB it looked really long and good... oh man, maybe you will come up with something else to do ? a new BTB to begin ?