CM Punk and John Cena working Smackdown events

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE champion CM Punk will be working all Smackdown house shows this summer as a way to alleviate the loss of Randy Orton due to suspension. John Cena will be working all Smackdown TV Tapings in dark matches during the same time period.

Good news for those that are going to be appearing at Smackdown shows in the future but not so good for both wrestlers. Their workload is increasing yet again and if WWE lose one of them to injury then they are in a lot of trouble. Orton, Jericho and Mysterio all being suspended at the same time isn't helping things but on the flip side it shows WWE that they do need to put more effort into creating more face stars that can sell tickets and merchandise.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Yeah, not so good for Punk and Cena. As the report mentioned on PWI, if any of them get injured because they're going to be working the SD events, then WWE are fucked. Because they're relying heavily on Punk and Cena to obviously replace Orton and get sales up.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I assume this was also part of the reason Christian was turned face on Smackdown. He is a familiar face and over with the crowd and at the moment more useful as a face right now until all the suspensions are up.

AF.

Reaction score
Christian should never go heel ever again.

Punk said nearly a year ago how banged up he was, since then he's wrestled at least 3 times a week. I'm expecting an injury soon, tbh.

Jay

Reaction score
Well, CM Punk wanted to be a main-eventer, here is his chance.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yet there are still people in the other thread trying to argue that Orton is easily replaceable.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well, CM Punk wanted to be a main-eventer, here is his chance.

Other than getting unfairly buried with SES falling apart then for Nexus a little bit, he's been main eventing since 2009 on Smackdown for most part. Your logic is stupid.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Other than getting unfairly buried with SES falling apart then for Nexus a little bit, he's been main eventing since 2009 on Smackdown for most part. Your logic is stupid.

Guessing he is talking about how he has been champ for almost a year and hasn't been maineventing a single PPV.

Or not, just wanted to point that out.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I guess this will make SD! interesting until Randy Orton returns. I don't expect Cena and Punk to wrestle every one either just be involved in some way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that Punk will wrestle on Smackdown quite often, Cena will probably only appear in the dark match. If it was up to me I would include him on the show as well since it would draw in some more viewers but they don't seem to want to do that for whatever reason.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Punk's gone out on a limb and said he would probably retire sooner rather than later and I don't blame him.

Im not the biggest Punk fan but he has been working hard and has been credible in doing so - Cena is a tireless sleuth who won't say no or quit, even when he should take some time off but in the position WWE is in... he, or WWE, can't afford to lose him for any set amount of time, as sad as it is for both parties.

WWE is entering into a new era and they definitely need to establish new guys and role models, make new villains and write new stories for fans to weigh their interest into to help alleviate the work load for the top guys.

With the veterans like Taker, Triple H, Mysterio, Jericho and others slowly burning out and going to rest, Cena and Punk carrying the majority of the workload and guys like Sheamus, Bryan still reaching that plateau of established main stays.. WWE has no real stand out golden tickets, or "icons" or "legends" to appeal on a regular basis. Especially when guys they have invested time into have already left, or are leaving. (Batista, Orton, etc)

You could count the Rock, but he only shows up once in a blue moon. He was gone for seven years and since resigning his deal has only showed up on RAW like seven times. I don't blame him, but the situation is dire - WWE is losing confidence in a lot of guys they deemed "superstars".

I think many feel that guys like ADR, Miz, Barrett, Sin Cara, all these newer-guys who were and somewhat still are considered to be "top level" are slowly becoming less and less likely to reach that level due to injury, suspensions, the Diesel effect and just plain old bad timing.

Punk and Cena have their work cut out for them, but WWE needs some new hands to help hold up the brands - these two can do it on their own for a moderate time, but if they are still making ALL the rounds in a year from now, something is terribly, terribly wrong from both a business and personal stance from every superstar and member of management in the company.

Reactions: 1 person