Clay Guida/Gray Maynard Added To UFC 145

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC president Dana White announced today that top-tier lightweight contenders Gray Maynard and Clay Guida will be squaring off on the impending UFC 145 fight card; White announced the fight via Twitter.

Gray Maynard has, on two separate occasions, been no more than a punch or two away from capturing the UFC lightweight title from Frankie Edgar - at UFC 125 in the beginning of this year and again at UFC 136 this past October. Their first meeting ended in a draw and their second with Edgar rallying to score a fourth-round knockout. Now, Maynard has set out to improve himself as an overall martial artist while working his way back to the belt. An alum of The Ultimate Fighter 5 and owner of a 10-1-1 record, Maynard is considered to be one of the best lightweights in the world.

While he hasn't quite made it to a title fight yet, perennial contender Clay Guida has been knocking on the door for a long time. After setting up a four-fight win streak that included victories over Anthony Pettis and Takanori Gomi, Guida fell short in a battle for contendership against former WEC lightweight champ Benson Henderson. In a similar position to Maynard, 29-12 Clay Guida has gone back to the drawing board in order to ready himself for another run at the title.

UFC 145 will take place on March 24 of next year at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Pretty good fight, the UFC 145 card is really turning out pretty decent so far.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Love the sound of this matchup, what's the card btw?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So far

Rory MacDonald vs.Che Mills
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Only know of Rory and Travis by name although i've probably seen one of their fights, so not too sure what those fights should be like.

Guida is always worth the PPV price on his own though so i'll be tuning in regardless.

Ben

Reaction score
Assume Guida/Maynard is going to headline the card unless they pull out a big title match to main event, at the least it's going to co main the show.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i think i read that Guida/Maynard is the main event and MacDonald/Mills is co-main eventing, MacDonald is from Canada and that's where the show is going to be so it actually wouldn't surprise me if it was switched around.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
So far

Rory MacDonald vs.Che Mills
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard

Ugh, looks awful so far.

Guida/Maynard is a terrible style clash too, Clay can be exciting with the right opponent but can also be a spoiler like the Pettis fight.

I like Schaub and McDonald but its hardly enticing, theres nothing to play for in their fights. Needs a good, solid main event.

Deuce

Reaction score
I agree with Cork, it doesn't look like that good a card at this point in time.