Classic wrestling podcasts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
My favorite by far is the Between the Sheets podcast. I also like The Lapsed Fan. I used to really enjoy Conrad's podcasts until every other question started turning into an awkward segway to a commercial.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Did a search for this.

So for wrestling podcasts I listen to

83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff - It's obviously biased, but I still enjoy behind the scenes, and looking back at the time in my fandom's height.

Grilling JR - In most cases it's a pretty solid podcast. Sometimes JR gets a bit angry, but overall worth a listen.

Jim Cornette Experience, and Drive Thru - I skip over his political rants, but after you find the start of him talking about wrestling I really enjoy both of his podcasts.

Keepin' It 100 - Always an instant listen, only issue with this is sometimes they have guests on who have terrible audio quality.

Something to Wrestle with - This has gone way down hill since Bruce has gone back full time, I'm actually concerned about his health because it seems like he's really working non stop.

The Lapsed Fan - I enjoy this podcast in most cases, but one of the guys sometimes when thinking of something to say will stammer every single time he talks with an uh uh uh. These guys are also putting together ridiculous length podcasts so it's certainly the most in-depth podcast. The one thing they also do which drives a lot of people nuts is they'll literally beg for money, and every single podcast will talk about who donated, and it goes on for an hour plus.

Podcasts I've stopped listening to.

Tony Shiavone's What Happened When - Every episode is a watch along, and they bring up Conrad's friends which for some reason they think anyone gives a fuck about.

Arn Anderson's podcast - Had some good information, but Arn is very dry and I couldn't get into it.

Post Wrestling - They seem to hate everything WWE. They also go on these long winded talks about their personal lives which both seem to be very boring, and I'm not sure who the hell would care. John Pollock is also annoying as hell to me.

Reactions: Swamps and Chris

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Did a search for this.

83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff - It's obviously biased, but I still enjoy behind the scenes, and looking back at the time in my fandom's height.

Grilling JR - In most cases it's a pretty solid podcast. Sometimes JR gets a bit angry, but overall worth a listen.

Jim Cornette Experience, and Drive Thru - I skip over his political rants, but after you find the start of him talking about wrestling I really enjoy both of his podcasts.

Keepin' It 100 - Always an instant listen, only issue with this is sometimes they have guests on who have terrible audio quality.

Something to Wrestle with - This has gone way down hill since Bruce has gone back full time, I'm actually concerned about his health because it seems like he's really working non stop.

The Lapsed Fan - I enjoy this podcast in most cases, but one of the guys sometimes when thinking of something to say will stammer every single time he talks with an uh uh uh. These guys are also putting together ridiculous length podcasts so it's certainly the most in-depth podcast. The one thing they also do which drives a lot of people nuts is they'll literally beg for money, and every single podcast will talk about who donated, and it goes on for an hour plus.

Tony Shiavone's What Happened When - Every episode is a watch along, and they bring up Conrad's friends which for some reason they think anyone gives a fuck about.

Arn Anderson's podcast - Had some good information, but Arn is very dry and I couldn't get into it.

Post Wrestling - They seem to hate everything WWE. They also go on these long winded talks about their personal lives which both seem to be very boring, and I'm not sure who the hell would care. John Pollock is also annoying as hell to me.

Angry JR is the best JR. Bischoff’s story about how JR called him about a potential job in WWE was hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Necro

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I used to listen to WHW and 83 Weeks fairly regularly but nowadays I just stick with Something to Wrestle, which isn’t the same that much anymore but I love Bruce so I still love the show

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
I've recently discovered John Arezzi's Wrestling Spotlight then and now and I cannot recommend it enough. His co-host is a bit annoying though. Great time capsule of early 90s wrestling and I can't wait until they get into the 1991 episodes.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I've recently discovered John Arezzi's Wrestling Spotlight then and now and I cannot recommend it enough. His co-host is a bit annoying though. Great time capsule of early 90s wrestling and I can't wait until they get into the 1991 episodes.

Brian Last is the co-host of Cornette's podcasts too. Guy is pretty annoying.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
But yeah I was never that into podcasts until recently so I started listening to 83 Weeks, after what I felt was a bad first episode the rest has been great and I’m on like episode 45. Bischoff annoys me at times, especially when he says jokes from the ‘90s that he thinks is still hilarious. My favourite was him trying to get a fat chicks joke over in 2018 and Conrad completely no selling him. As much as I like Bischoff, he seems to be extremely out of touch when it comes to today’s humour.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
But yeah I was never that into podcasts until recently so I started listening to 83 Weeks, after what I felt was a bad first episode the rest has been great and I’m on like episode 45. Bischoff annoys me at times, especially when he says jokes from the ‘90s that he thinks is still hilarious. My favourite was him trying to get a fat chicks joke over in 2018 and Conrad completely no selling him. As much as I like Bischoff, he seems to be extremely out of touch when it comes to today’s humour.

The more he talks the more I find him to be full of shit. I feel like he was the right person at the right time. Not saying he was totally a fish out of water, but his knowledge of wrestling seems to be very limited. People like Bruce/Cornette/Heyman started as fans of the business, and broke in very young. I get Bischoff started with AWA but he never seemed to be a huge fan of the business.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
The more he talks the more I find him to be full of shit. I feel like he was the right person at the right time. Not saying he was totally a fish out of water, but his knowledge of wrestling seems to be very limited. People like Bruce/Cornette/Heyman started as fans of the business, and broke in very young. I get Bischoff started with AWA but he never seemed to be a huge fan of the business.

I’m glad he stopped doing the “I don’t recall” shit after a few episodes but yeah a lot of the stuff he says I can’t take seriously

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I’m glad he stopped doing the “I don’t recall” shit after a few episodes but yeah a lot of the stuff he says I can’t take seriously

The fact he couldn't realize that the end game in the NWO angle totally makes me question everything he was doing. I don't know that whole making NWO it's own brand shit I never understood.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I just started listening to My World with Jeff Jarrett Podcast along with Conrad and it's pretty good. The first Episode I listened to was his days going back and forth from WWE and WCW and their differences. I'm looking forward to the ones I see him talking about Creating TNA etc which is a two parter so far. I think he's on the Owen Hart one as well.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Did a search for this.

I love Cornette. I do find myself skipping through his political rants too, but everything else is good. I don't agree with somethings he says, but I respect the man's opinions. Does seem like he has a hard on for Russo though.