Classic Wrestling Match Spotlight #2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
here's an interesting little match I stumbled upon
[YOUTUBE]nf-kiUcAdVI[/YOUTUBE]

Reaction score
God, I'm such a loser. Being unhappy with the video quality, I went looking for my VHS copy of the show in my basement. After not being able to find it, I then downloaded the full show. All that work and time just to see a 4 minute squash. :lol:

Good squash though. I liked that they worked more of a Danielson match with several spots designed to make AmDrag look good. Cena's intensity helped him look like the stronger foe. Really, the only downside to Cena's performance was his lack of intensity when it came to the bearhug. It was very much so a little preview of how bad Cena's STF would look. When it comes to squashes, the best ones tend to be the matches where the jobber makes some sort of impression. Whether it's his selling or a few lucky spots, I just want him to make an impression. Danielson did that. Based on the fact that the rest of the show was Nunzio vs Funaki, Bill DeMott vs Phil Brown and Edge vs Phil Brown, I'm willing to bet Danielson vs Cena was the MOTN.

So yeah, good little dominant performance for Cena as he heads into his Brock Lesnar feud, but it's also a little teaser to going out and seeing what Danielson could do on the indies at this time period.