Christopher Daniels Should Have Been World Champion By Now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DoYouKnowTyler?

Reaction score
It's a bold statement, I know. Do you agree, though?

He's a veteran in the business, and a veteran in TNA for that matter. The Fallen Angel is one of the most tragically underused talents in pro-wrestling today. His mic work is great. His in-ring performances are better, which says a lot. TNA not making more of his feud with Sting is the epitome of the phrase 'dropped the ball'. He was on a roll, and then...nothing. The program was a dud, and to make matters worse they stuck him with the Curry Man gimmick. Fun at first? Yeah. Makes sense for the long haul? Absolutely not, ESPECIALLY as a part of the laughable Prince Justice Brotherhood.

The thread title says it, but I've just gotta say it again. Christopher Daniels should have been TNA World Champion by now.

Thoughts?

chessarmy

Agreed 100%. Christopher Daniels is probably the most underrated wrestler in the world. He can cut a great promo, and he can go in the ring. TNA needs to ditch the stupid Curry Man gimmick and bring back the Fallen Angel NOW

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree; the man is excellent, and his Fallen Angel gimmick was one of the things I loved about TNA back when I started watching it. It's a shame they keep going on with this Curry Man gimmick; it's a detriment to Daniels' career. He really needs to go back to what he did best; not provide comic relief along with jobbers.

Qwake

I agree as well. He should have beaten Sting and that really would have kicked off his career and he would be like a new AJ Styles imo that is unless he was heel. He is like AJ but better because he always has the option of turning heel, this curryman thing is terrible. He could have been world champ atleast twice by now tbh but hes just another guy TNA screwed over :smh

DoYouKnowTyler?

Reaction score
Rightfully so.

I figured I'd try to get the anti-anything good gimmick posters out of their holes. You guys got any of those?

Montana

Welcome to the site.

Well, I'll be the anti-daniels guy here if no one else wants to be. I actually think Daniels is great, but to say he SHOULD be champ is a bold statement, like he said.

The problem that I have with Daniels being their world champ, is that he is just too generic. If you seen him walking down the street, you would have no clue he was a wrestler. That's my biggest concern with putting the belt on him. He's not the most over guy, maybe it was due to not getting the mic in TNA, but none the less, he wasn't over as the other guys. Secondly you got Christian, Angle, Sting, Jarrett, and Joe already in the main event scene. Angle vs Daniels would be a hell of a match, but would you really trust your company with daniels. Especially with TNA in a make or break time.

I'd put the mic in Daniels hand and then see what he can do in TNA. See if the crowd gets behind him. I think most of us thought that would be the case with his fued against sting, but that was over in 6 minutes i do believe.

I just don't think Daniels has proven himself enough in TNA to the point where i would say he should be champ.

-TJ-

TNA needs to end the Curryman gimmick and the only way they can is make Daniels attack Sharky and Supa Eric and ripoff the mask to reveal himself as Daniels. Then he can have a feud in which he pretty much destroys and ends the Super Eric and Sharkboy 3:16 gimmicks over "Attacking" Curryman and trying to end the PJB. then Daniels should be slowly pushed to the TNA title as he deserves it beyond anyone else.

The Rated R CMStar

By now? No.

If things would have gone the correct way, Daniels would have beaten Sting at Slammiversary, challenge for the belt almost inmediately, lose to Angle and Joe in a Triple Threat Match...but he would have become a main eventer by them. Since then, anything would be possible.

Instead, a lame XXX reunion and a tag team with...Sharkboy?

DoYouKnowTyler?

Reaction score
Montana said:
Welcome to the site.

Montana said:
The problem that I have with Daniels being their world champ, is that he is just too generic. If you seen him walking down the street, you would have no clue he was a wrestler. That's my biggest concern with putting the belt on him.

I felt that his beard and face paint look brought him out of that blandness pretty well.

Montana said:
He's not the most over guy, maybe it was due to not getting the mic in TNA, but none the less, he wasn't over as the other guys. Secondly you got Christian, Angle, Sting, Jarrett, and Joe already in the main event scene. Angle vs Daniels would be a hell of a match, but would you really trust your company with daniels. Especially with TNA in a make or break time.

Well obviously you can't imagine him being the right guy for the main event right now. I'm saying that if he had gotten all this "fired"/Curry Man time to develop as a major player, I think he could have easily reached that upper echelon.

Montana said:
I just don't think Daniels has proven himself enough in TNA to the point where i would say he should be champ.

I think he's proven himself enough to be given a chance, and had that chance been seen through, instead of ending with that horribly disappointing match with Stinger, I think he would've delivered big time. I understand your points, though. Thanks for contributing the other side to the discussion.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i think that back a few years ago before tna got big he should have been. not now tho because i think there have been a few people in the last few years who have consistently more deserving of a title like storm and abyss and roode and probably a few other people but when he was main eventing with joe and styles they all deserved a world title. it would have been a mistake to take them out of the x division so i guess im not disappointed he was never a world champ...

Beer Money Army

there alot of people in TNA that should have the world championship or should be in the Main eventer status....

AJ styles, James Storm, Robert Roode, Daniels, Chris Sabin.. all these men have been in tna for more than 3 years and probably a few others, But there either in the same spot as they started or lower down in the card....

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Daniels vs. Joe at Against All Odds.

Curryman attacks both Eric Young and Shark Boy, unmasks as Daniels. And cuts a "shoot" on TNA, telling them he is sick and tired of doing this gimmick. This is proceeding weeks of Curryman of losing matches, and not being his usual happy self. So, with this promo, he decides to try to take down TNA bit by bit, and then eventually becomes the No. 1 Contender. He beats Joe in a ***** match, and then begins is reign of terror! :clap: