Chris Jericho suspended indefinitely

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
During Thursday’s WWE Raw Live Event in São Paulo, Brazil, Chris Jericho denigrated the Brazilian flag during a match against WWE Champion CM Punk. This has resorted to WWE suspending Jericho indefinitely.

This is said to be a major issue for WWE at the moment.
The official WWE website features an update on the situation with comments from Jericho regarding the incident.

“I made a bad judgment call in the course of entertaining [WWE] fans in Brazil,” Jericho told WWE.com. “I apologized to the people in the crowd for showing disrespect.”

During his match with Punk, Jericho took the Brazilian flag Punk was holding, threw it to the ground, and stomped on it. Desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil and is a punishable offense. Jericho was almost arrested and ended up being rushed to the airport to get out of the country into Ecuador.

WWE.com’s report confirm police stopped the event and gave Jericho the option to apologize or be arrested. Jericho immediately told the crowd he regretted his actions, allowing police to let the event continue.

Due to his actions, WWE officials suspended Jericho indefinitely.
“It was a bad move,” Jericho said. “I did it with [our] fans’ entertainment in mind and I’ll accept the consequences for that.”

PWMania

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO