Chris Jericho says his mission in AEW has always been to elevate talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

During an appearance on Gabby AF, Jericho discussed working with Hook in AEW. Jericho said that, since day one, his mission in AEW has been to help elevate the younger guys. Jericho thinks he's usually been successful at that goal. Jericho pointed to Orange Cassidy, Darby Allin, MJF, Powerhouse Hobbs, Konosuke Takeshita, and Daniel Garcia as some of the people who are now bigger stars than they were before they worked with him.

The idea of working with Hook was something that I had thought about for a while. And it just kind of really seemed to fit with the match that we had at Revolution with the eight-man scramble and Hook was in that and I thought, 'Well let’s do something with this.' And the story’s just beginning. But I think we got some good ideas and some good stuff going on.
That’s kind of what my mission in AEW has been since day one is to do the best I can to elevate the younger guys. And in contrary to popular belief or what you might see, it usually works. Most of the time when people work with me, they end up on a higher platform than they were prior. If you look at Orange Cassidy to Darby Allin to MJF to, you know, Hobbs and Takeshita and all those guys. The list goes on and on and on. Even the guys in The Inner Circle and the guys in the Jericho Appreciation Society. I mean, look at Danny Garcia now compared to where he was a year ago.
So I think Hook is another guy that we’ve done a lot with, I think we can do some more with and add some depth to him and give him a little bit more experience. Because you’re only as good as the guys that you’re in the ring with. And if you look at Hook vs. Samoa Joe, I think that’s probably the best match he’s ever had because Joe has such experience. I think with the experience that I have and then, you know, working with Hook and his persona’s so unique and I think he’s lightning in a bottle -- something that we can really get to the next level. And that’s kind of what my idea is for this story.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Orange Cassidy, Darby Allin and MJF were already hits with the AEW audience before getting sucked in the Jericho vortex of suck.

No one comes out of working with Jericho all the better for it, they are lucky to survive and not go down the card and getting stuck in random factions doing nothing.

He is failing his mission.