Chris Jericho on perception of AEW locker room

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
03-chris-jericho-and-will-ospreay-segment_2023_08_23_-aew_dynamite_0003.webp

Chris Jericho believes the AEW locker room was unfairly painted as a "dumpster fire" after the AEW All Out media scrum last year.

Following CM Punk's comments and physical altercation with The Elite that night, Jericho, Bryan Danielson, and Jon Moxley are said to have stepped up and assumed larger leadership roles. Jericho says the roster ended up coming out of the situation stronger than before.

"We just let people know that everything's gonna be OK. We are a great locker room with great people and a lot of momentum for our company that's still very young and things happen sometimes.' Jericho said of the incident to The Daily Mail. "There was a lot of uncertainty. We've got a lot of young guys and girls on our roster who have never been through stuff like this before, but it's a part of the business, it happens."

Jericho continued to say that he didn't want fans believing what they read online regarding the state of AEW's backstage environment.

"We were really getting painted with an unfair brush by the media in a lot of ways like 'it's a dumpster fire in the locker room' and that wasn't the case. And I don't want people to believe what they're reading and think that it's real, cause it wasn't," he continued.

The former AEW World Champion noted that he has been involved in backstage physical altercations previously, perhaps most notably with Goldberg in 2003.

"You go through things like that, fights and that sort of thing, I've been in them myself with locker room brawls,' Jericho said.

"You've got to continue forward and Mox, Danielson and I just really wanted to grab the horse by the reins before it got out of control and just let people know that if you have concerns let's discuss them, if you have issues let's discuss them but let's get through them together and come through stronger on the back end."

"I think we really came together well which was great for the locker room and for the fans because the fans too want to know that everything is going to continue moving forward."

Jericho believes the AEW locker room came away from the incident stronger than they were before.

"I think we did a really good job of righting the ship and most importantly letting people know that it's going to be OK. It's not the end of the world. These things happen and we deal with them and we become stronger as a result, which we have," he added.