CHIKARA: Pier Pressure Live Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Okay, thoughts from yesterday:

Got there just as the ATTACK! Pro Wrestling preshow was finishing. No idea who was wrestling, but it was a 6 man tag with a guy in a batman outfit & two dudes in jumpsuits vs. two guys dressed in black & a dude in a Bane outfit. Yep, definitely at a local Indy show :lol:

Had an hour until the main show started so between a couple of pints of Strongbow I went over to the gimmick table and had a look around. The Batiri (especially Kodama) were nice as fuck in person, even chucking in a signed poster with the t-shirt I bought were ghastly individuals who wanted to eat my face. Apparently they don't hear a lot from Kobald a lot any more, they don't get along with his missus :lol:

Also met Ultramantis Black, Chuck Taylor & Bryce Remsburg, all again great guys, especially Bryce. Really odd wondering around & seeing the wrestlers just hanging out & getting ready for the show. Having been to two WWE house shows previously, it's just such a different environment. Bought t-shirts off Chuck & UMB, as well as a sweet Zack Sabre Jr shirt from the SPLX table. All in all, I'm a lot poorer today.

Main show opened with Los Ice Creams vs. The United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado & Prakesh Sabar) vs. The Wrecking Crew (Jaka & Oleg The Usurper) vs. The Gentlemen's Club (Chuck Taylor & Drew Gulak). The Gentlemen's Club got the win after Gulak rolled up Oleg. Oleg eliminated both the other teams in quick succession with "Off With Their Head". Oleg seems to be transitioning to a technico role, which he seems to be enjoying a lot. Tension post match between him & Jaka. Gulak is pleasure to watch live, Taylor was his normal entertaining self. Love the Sabar gimmick so much.

Next was Silver Ant in an open challenge via name from the hat. Silver Ant was replacing Eddie Kingston who couldn't make the tour, so therefore replaced his open challenge. Neither Tom Jones nor Adrian Street were present so I guess we'll make do with TNA British Boot Camp 2 winner Mark Andrews :lol: Andrews was a nice surprise, & was pretty popular as he only finished up with ATTACK last month so the locals were very into him. This was also the magic move match, which ended up being a Shooting Star Press. Guess what Mandrews won with?

Match 3 was a Challenge Of The Immortals Match, with The Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare & Blind Rage w/Hallowicked) vs. The Battle Hive (Amasis & Fire Ant). Bit disappointed that you've got Hallowicked right there, but he's not competing tonight. Also disappointing as an aside, is that once again The Colony have been split apart for the most part, what with Silver Ant as a part of the Nightmare Warriors. Anyway, match itself was good, Warriors won following 'wicked interference followed by the Kneecolopsy.

Intermission.

Back from the break was trios action in the COTI, with the Arcane Horde (UMB & The Batiri) vs. Dashers Dugout (Throwbacks & Icarus). Typical fun CHIKARA 6 man tag, Icarus scored the win for his team after hitting both members of the Batiri with the Blu-Ray.

Grudge match next with Soldier Ant vs. Worker Ant. Solid match between the two, Worker's question of "why?" to Soldier Ant started a chant all match to annoy Soldier. Soldier with the win following a chokeslam.

Main event was for the tag straps as the DevastatioN Corporation defended against NRG, & was my favourite match of the night. Came out of this one as a big Dev.Corp. fan as they won 2-0, both times with the Death Blow. Hype Rockwell lit up Smashmaster early on with some great chops, which just led to the Corp beating ass for pretty much the rest of the match.

As we were leaving, a number of the CHIKARA roster lined the hallway to shake peoples hands & thank them for coming, including Quack. Fantastic show gratitude from the guys, as you feel that they really are invested in what they do. Really recommend the CHIKARA experience f you have the chance, especially if you've only been to bigger shows like WWE & TNA.