Changes to AEW Dynamite presentation coming in January 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
aew-logo-2jpg.jpg

After a year on TBS, changes to the look of AEW Dynamite are set to begin this January.

Dave Meltzer reported the news in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Meltzer wrote that AEW head Tony Khan and Warner Bros. Discovery "had decided to change the look of the show" and that those changes will go into effect this January. No details were given as to what those changes will entail.

It's also unknown if AEW Rampage on TNT or pay-per-views will also undergo similar visual updates.

Dynamite has retained the same general look and feel with graphics, music and visuals since its 2019 inception.

The news comes on the heels of the announcement of Michael Mansury's hiring as co-executive producer of AEW and senior vice president.

Mansury previously spent eleven years in WWE, ending as vice president of global TV production in 2020 before he resigned to work with The Pat McAfee show as an executive producer. He then left that job to work with MMA promotion ONE.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
wishlist:
PPV unique sets back
LED ramp during tv specials at min
stop missing big match moments, this week they missed Brody's cannonball, that's not cool man.
CRANK UP the music

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
wishlist:
PPV unique sets back
stop missing big match moments, this week they missed Brody's cannonball, that's not cool man.
CRANK UP the music

This.

I’ll never stop simping for the Full Gear set last year.

The best unique PPV set in a decade outside Mania.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
wishlist:
PPV unique sets back
CRANK UP the music
And how they missed Joe laying out Wardlow a few weeks back. That was really annoying. Surely since you saw him PREPARING to hit him before the cutaway. I was like :pogba

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This.

I’ll never stop simping for the Full Gear set last year.

The best unique PPV set in a decade outside Mania.
yeah I don't have huge complaints outside of the things I said, I don't want squeaky clean but theres areas that can use improvement both in sets and just overall production. it can be tightened up without losing that punk rock edge we all love.

PPV sets should feel like big deals when there's only 4, I'm pretty hardline on that and I feel theyve regressed a bit (except Frobidden Door, that shit was doooooope).

I also feel they can be a bit more consistent with their trons and entrances. some of them could feel a bit bigger, especially the top guys.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And how they missed Joe laying out Wardlow a few weeks back. That was really annoying. Surely since you saw him PREPARING to hit him before the cutaway. I was like :pogba
its been comically bad the last month. I think that one guy passing away was a big hit and people are likely not at the top of their game which i totally not gonna get heated over. they def needed someone new to come in and tighten stuff up

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag necessarily, especially so close to the big day. But at the start of 2023, we’re going to open the year on Wednesday, January 4 with the first Dynamite in Seattle, marking a full year of Dynamite on TBS. We’ll definitely have a new look, to say the least. I’m excited about it," Khan said.

"I think it’s a nice thing to present to the fans, but frankly, I’ve found more so than ever, the more you talk about these things. When you build them up, you don’t want to create expectations that are impossible. I will say the set will be beautiful though."

Khan continued to say that the presentation of AEW Rampage will also change in the new year. The first Rampage of 2023 will take place live from Portland, Oregon on January 6, 2023.

"The look of Rampage will also be different. This will affect the way people view AEW on Wednesdays and Fridays in terms of presentation with the set and the show with the same great action," the AEW President continued.

Khan would continue to talk about the hiring of Mike Mansury as the company's new senior vice president and co-executive producer and how his work will impact the presentation of AEW programming.

"Mike just started with us and is a huge acquisition for AEW. He has so much knowledge in TV production. To have him join us as a co-executive producer and senior production executive is really great for us. It’s so important to have someone with his experience. Right now he is evaluating things in terms of presentation. I’m excited about what he will add to AEW."

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
“I’ve found more so than ever, the more you talk about these things. When you build them up, you don’t want to create expectations that are impossible.”

….Meanwhile Saraya is gonna be teaming with a mystery partner on that show who way too many people expect to be Sasha Banks!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
“I’ve found more so than ever, the more you talk about these things. When you build them up, you don’t want to create expectations that are impossible.”

….Meanwhile Saraya is gonna be teaming with a mystery partner on that show who way too many people expect to be Sasha Banks!
well tbf it could also be that he got Sasha :p

fwiw they havent hyped it up that much at all, just us fans and wrestling media that have run wild with it. At some point fans have to take some responsbility for fantasy booking and being mad when it doesn't happen, too

Reactions: Hidden Blaze