Chan Sung Jung Ready For Title Shot, Hopes To Be Champion In 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Chan Sung Jung's nickname alone would be enough to earn him fans, turning in the kind of electrifying performances he does only ensures that he garners a mass following.

Since making the transition from the WEC to the UFC, The Korean Zombie has apparently hit his stride, having turned in both Submission and Knockout of the Year-worthy performances this year. TKZ's first Octagon battle came against Leonard Garcia in a rematch of their controversial WEC battle in which Garcia was given a sketchy victory. Jung handled Garcia in their rematch, submitting him with what may very well have been the first Twister successfully used in pro MMA competition.

Following that highlight reel win and in his most recent performance, Jung took out vaunted striker Mark Hominick via blitzing knockout, dropping The Machine with a right hand and finishing him off within seven seconds of the first round. Those two wins alone have propelled Jung near a title shot - something he recently told BloodyElbow that he's ready for now.

"I doubt that they'll make that match up right now, but if they do I think I'd be ready for it," Jung said. "I'm guessing that the matchmakers will give me at least one fight and if I win that then maybe I'll be in line for a title shot, but that's up to the UFC to decide. But, whenever I get the shot, I'll be ready."

Despite his confidence and incredible two-fight streak, Jung remains humble, attributing his success as much - if not more so - to luck as skill.

"To be honest with you, I don't really know why (I've been so successful). I think maybe I'm just lucky," he said. "I'm certainly thankful for the attention and the good fortune I've had in my fights, though. I want to thank everyone for their support and I hope to be the champ in 2012!"