Chael Sonnen/Mark Munoz Fight Off?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Just as Bloody Elbow exclusively reported ,there is now no plan in place for Chael Sonnen to face Mark Munoz at UFC on Fox 2. In fact, Sonnen believes that he might be facing the winner of the Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller fight that takes place this Saturday at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale. Chael spoke with Fight Hub about it and while he couldn't come out and directly put it on the table, even a blind man can read between these lines:

"I have no fight with Mark Munoz. My next fight will be based on, uh...I don't know how much I can say, but I'll be watching the TV Saturday night, put it that way."

Sonnen is coming off a dominant submission win over Brian Stann at UFC 136 and famously threw down a challenge to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva after the fight

Hmm. Interesting. Kind of curios why the fight with Munoz is just off with no word from UFC. This could be a BS report, but i thought I'd post it up here anyways.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Him and Bisping have beef, would be a good build up followed by an annihilation.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am actually pleased at how this will end up. I like the idea of Sonnen vs. the winner of Bisping vs. Miller because we should then have the top contender facing the champion. Pretty sure that Sonnen will be able to beat Bisping and Miller.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i was thinking that regardless of who he does face, hell win or at least i hope so as i wouldn't want him to lose and mess up his chance of fighting Silva this summer.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC officials today announced that next month's UFC on FOX 2 event will feature light-heavyweight contenders Rashad Evans (16-1-1 MMA, 11-1-1 UFC) vs. Phil Davis (9-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC and middleweights Chael Sonnen (26-11-1 MMA, 5-4 UFC) vs. Mark Munoz (12-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC).

Evans vs. Davis will be contested as a five-round non-title fight, a UFC official confirmed with http://mmajunkie.com/mmajunkie Both fights determine No. 1 contenders.

So the original report of Sonnen/Munoz being off was just Sonnen not saying anything and avoiding questions until the UFC officially confirmed it which was done today.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wonder if the winner of this gets the title shot or if they will have to face Bisping first before they get to Silva.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I don't know, Bisping really made a case for him to be thrown into the title picture tonight. I like some of the possible match ups if Bisping is thrown into the mix.