Cena's Touching Tribute To His Brother

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As Raw SuperShow went off the air Monday Night, John Cena shared a very personal story about his brother's heroic battle with cancer

WWE "WWE.com Exclusive: John Cena shares a personal message when Raw goes off the air " | Video | March 8, 2012

If you remember late last year there was a news piece going around how Cena was dealing with personal difficulties and it looks like it was in reference to this. Great news for John, his brother and everyone connected with him that he's getting better, but...

Without sounding like a total douchebag, why would the WWE post this on their website? Again, i'm not ragging on the situation because i'm pleased for them but does anyone else feel like me in that the WWE saw a situation they could jump on to try and garner him some sympathy / fan support leading into Mania? I mean if personal news is being posted on wwe.com then where is the sad news about Kharma losing her baby and everyone wishing her the best?

Reactions: 1 person

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I thought this was a bit odd when I read it too. The article I read said that the brother had kept it private for quite some time he's not been even mentioned on the air as far as I recall. Then the first mention of him is that he beat cancer. Kudos to him but just seems really odd place to do it I mean most fans wouldn't know if it was a storyline or not.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I really really hope WWE wasn't trying to do that but it's def not out of the question. Would scream desperate if that was their plan but they have posted post show stuff on their site before though so just gonna assume that is all it is. Plus I don't think Cena would use this situation to try and help him get over on Rock as that's just something he thought was good timing to do in his hometown. Has to be tearing him up and surprised he hasn't taken more time off due to this.

Aniking

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone has an issue with this. I don't think it's to garner Cena some sympathy/fan support at all!

WWE.com post random videos all the time of things that happened in the ring at the end of the show or in commercial breaks, and it just so happens Cena picked up the mic and expressed how happy he is with his brother currently beating cancer. He even makes reference to the building as where he found out about it first and how he also found out about his brother beating it there too.

Regardless, awesome news to hear for the Cena family.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

Again, i'm not ragging on the situation because i'm pleased for them but does anyone else feel like me in that the WWE saw a situation they could jump on to try and garner him some sympathy / fan support leading into Mania? I mean if personal news is being posted on wwe.com then where is the sad news about Kharma losing her baby and everyone wishing her the best?

Kharma's situation is totally different from Cena's. She felt humiliated and defeated to the point where she didn't share it until months later. Evnetually she NEEDED to come out about it.

Cena's story on the other hand, while still touching, is the opposite, it is celebratory. Something he chose to share in front of tens of thousands of people live.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but there is a reason Cena was on WWE.com and not Kharma. Cena chose on his own accord to announce his family's victory, whereas I imagine Kharma would rather have kept her ordeal behind closed doors.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can't believe anyone has an issue with this. I don't think it's to garner Cena some sympathy/fan support at all!

WWE.com post random videos all the time of things that happened in the ring at the end of the show or in commercial breaks, and it just so happens Cena picked up the mic and expressed how happy he is with his brother currently beating cancer. He even makes reference to the building as where he found out about it first and how he also found out about his brother beating it there too.

Regardless, awesome news to hear for the Cena family.
Don't get it twisted, I don't have an issue with this. I'm delighted for them because I know what it's like to be on the opposite end of that news as i've had a few family members pass away from the bastard that is cancer.

I was just making an observation and maybe it's the cynic in me given the numerous reports that have come out recently about the WWE being worried about his fan support for Mania and they've allegedly been sabotaging other people to try and get Cena more support.

Let's be honest here though, you may not agree with what I was saying but you damn sure wouldn't be shocked if what I said was true given the history of WWE exploiting real life situations of people whether that be for the good or bad.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very happy to hear that his brother has beaten cancer. I wish him the best and hope that there are no relapses.

In saying that I am another that thinks that something is a bit fishy with this. I had read about it on a news site that he said this to the dark crowd then today seeing it on wwe.com it doesn't feel right. It makes it seem like WWE are doing all they can to help make fans like and cheer Cena. I hope that isn't the case and I hope that WWE had the best intentions but it is WWE so you never know.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Well cancer is the baddest heel of all time so if that doesnt put Cena over, I don't know what will.

Would be funny to see WWE get really desperate though, like showing Cena helping out AIDS kids in Africa while Rock is throwing money on a bonfire.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with this as they are obviously doing this with Cena's support, whereas Karma wants it to remain personal

Medo

Reaction score
Good to hear about his brother, i hope the best for him and fully recovery