Cena taking time off after Hell In A Cell?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
As noted, WWE United States Champion John Cena has been removed from several WWE live events and RAW tapings after WWE Hell In A Cell later this month. However, as of this morning, Cena still remained advertised for the WWE European tour.

SEE ALSO: Former OVW Manager Says John Cena Owes Him For Making Sure He Wasn't Fired, Calls Vince An Idiot

Since that report, WWE has removed Cena from the European tour. Cena has actually been removed from all WWE televised and live events until the December 30th WWE live event in Toronto. It should be noted that WWE only has a handful of events listed for December, so there is a chance that Cena might be added to more events that month. However, WWE has their full schedule for November and Cena is not advertised for any shows that month.

Source

If he's indeed taking time off, chances are they could book an injury angle.
For all we know, Cena could be filming some movie and whomever he'll be facing at HIAC, it wouldn't surprise me if he lost the US title there.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
That would be a good way to tarnish to build up for the US title. It needs a feud, not just a 'i fight you' feud. I'm talking storyline angle.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah after all they've done for the US title this year, to treat it in such a manner is basically using it like toilet paper. After Rusev's long run and Cena's very enjoyable Open Challenge, to be held concurrently with the World Heavyweight Championship, to have Cena win it back to immediately lose it again would be a piss poor way to treat that belt.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nice he's gonna take time off, gives a chance for him to refresh a bit and wwe will now have to bring up a few guys to be top stars while he's gone. But it sucks for the U.S. Title, cena kept the prestige up

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think a good way to keep the title safe and let Cena take time off is getting a feud going on RAW. Have the blow off at Survivor Series and have Cena drop the belt to a heel. Have an injury angle say he's out for a month or two. Return at Royal Rumble and win the title back and start the feud leading into WrestleMania.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think a good way to keep the title safe and let Cena take time off is getting a feud going on RAW. Have the blow off at Survivor Series and have Cena drop the belt to a heel. Have an injury angle say he's out for a month or two. Return at Royal Rumble and win the title back and start the feud leading into WrestleMania.

Hopefully Cena's keeping that US title warm for Sami Zayn.

And while I have no problem with him dropping the title to a heel, who could it he drop it to?
KO could become dual champ by defeating Cena, then we have Harper and The New Day.

There aren't many heels on the current roster that I'd like to see as US champ, tbh.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Backstage Notes On John Cena's Time Off And Return, Speculation On WWE Pushing Dean Ambrose

As noted, WWE United States Champion John Cena will be taking some time away from WWE following this month's Hell In a Cell pay-per-view due to personal reasons after asking for time off back in the summer. Cena is off all WWE TV and live events through at least early December, including the November European tour.

No word yet on what this means for the United States Title but it's believed that the direction will be made clear on tonight's RAW from Cena's hometown of Boston.

Cena is likely not taking time off to get married to Nikki Bella as she is still booked for the European tour. Cena taking time off for an injury has also been ruled out.

According to Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE live events will now feature Dean Ambrose in more headlining roles while Cena is away. It was speculated that WWE officials may be forced to finally push Ambrose to the main event.

Cena's return will come in late December as he is currently booked for the annual post-Christmas WWE live events.

So, Ambrose will get pushed while Cena's gone. I can dig that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
An update:

- As noted, once John Cena takes time off after WWE Hell In a Cell he won't be back until late December as he's scheduled for the annual post-Christmas tour. Madison Square Garden has confirmed Cena for their December 26th live event along with Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Sheamus and Rusev.

So, he'll be gone for two months. Interesting.

Again, I hope he gets written off TV in a good way.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Cena leaving for like 2 months is lovely. I hope they're setting up someone like Cesaro to take him out.... We already have like all heel champions so it'll most likely be a face taking the belt. Maybe.

In any case, cena being gone will only help the roster as of now. It'll be a nice break from cenawins.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If Ambrose gets the US title again and is pushed, I would love that shit

Reaction score
I could be happy about it if Cena was in main event picture but he is not. Also I really enjoyed his US reign and all the open challenges. Hope WWE can use this, if it happens of course, there can be a new star born or get refreshed like Dean Ambrose or maybe Ziggler as they kinda hinted that on Raw this week. Maybe someone from NXT to step up and rise? Or maybe Rusev to get it? It's not clear but we will see what will happen.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If Ambrose ends up being pushed in his place while he's gone, then yay. Then again, considering how much of a less-than-thrilling run he had with the strap the last time he was champion, maybe I shouldn't be so gleeful, especially since Cena doing wonders for the title's prestige these past several months doesn't entirely convince me they'll try to keep it that way the second the belt leaves Cena's waist.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If Ambrose ends up being pushed in his place while he's gone, then yay. Then again, considering how much of a less-than-thrilling run he had with the strap the last time he was champion, maybe I shouldn't be so gleeful, especially since Cena doing wonders for the title's prestige these past several months doesn't entirely convince me they'll try to keep it that way the second the belt leaves Cena's waist.
Well now that the emphasis on the US title has sky rocketed, hopefully Ambrose will be seen as a bigger entity.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that he'll retain at Hell in a Cell and lose the belt in an open challenge on Raw because it would be a fitting conclusion to the open challenge angle. Regarding who, I have an idea but I'd rather not mention it at the moment because I figure it will garner similar reactions to the Undertaker showing up at Summerslam predictions did.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that he'll retain at Hell in a Cell and lose the belt in an open challenge on Raw because it would be a fitting conclusion to the open challenge angle. Regarding who, I have an idea but I'd rather not mention it at the moment because I figure it will garner similar reactions to the Undertaker showing up at Summerslam predictions did.
Or he has he open challenge held at HIAC for the first time ever?