Cena says Hogan is "Wasting His Time"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

WWE superstar John Cena took part in a live chat session Monday night on WWE.com and here are some highlights:

Cena was asked whether he's interested in fighting Hulk Hogan. He responded with a jab at Hogan and TNA, saying, "Yes. I just don't think that's going to happen right now. He's too busy wasting his time."

He has no current plans to release another rap album, but will be working again with rapper Bumpy Knuckles for a song on the soundtrack of his upcoming WWE Studios film, "Legendary" (previously titled "Brother's Keeper").

When asked who he'd like to wrestle at Wrestlemania, he stated, "The Rock." As Cena answered another question about his movie career, host Joey Styles chimed in by saying Cena's next movie will be better than The Rock's recent "Tooth Fiary" movie.

Cena talked crap about the Rock and now he is starting to sling a couple Hogan's way.

This is why John Cena kicks ass. He WILL be rapping again, just not another album.

Reaction score
He's not taking a jab at Hogan, he's burying TNA with one simple comment. And either way he can take shots at Hogan if he pleases, he draws more money on his own than the entire promotion that Hogan is "wasting his time" with.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
He's burrying the company by saying "Hogan's wasting his time?" You're wasting your time!! Talk about burrial huh.

Airfixx

Fair comment from Cena.

Fuck Cena as a 'rapper' though... I'm just sad that someone that was once SUCH an awesome MC (Bumpy Knucks) has lowered hismself to taking second billing to a fucking wrestler.

Reaction score
He's burrying the company by saying "Hogan's wasting his time?" You're wasting your time!! Talk about burrial huh.
Yeah Holmes, he is. He's suggesting it's beneath Hogan to work in the minor leagues while he can be working a match with Cena for some real cash. He's not swiping at Hogan, he' shitting on TNA. That's burial brah, from the biggest star in the industry brah. Savvy?

Reaction score
Fair comment from Cena.

Fuck Cena as a 'rapper' though... I'm just sad that someone that was once SUCH an awesome MC (Bumpy Knucks) has lowered hismself to taking second billing to a fucking wrestler.

Cena can write though. He even got a bona fide MC like Esoteric to work with him, he does have some cred with MCs. So he does have some talent there.

Double J

Reaction score
John Cena!
Randy Savage!
Both together on One CD!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

My fingers hurt just for typing/suggesting the idea...

Airfixx

Cena can write though. He even got a bona fide MC like Esoteric to work with him, he does have some cred with MCs. So he does have some talent there.

Esoteric too? ...Goddamn! (He's great! I have a bunch of his stuff with 7L.)

Then again, I guess these guys could just be wrestling fans and happy to couple that with the money and/or exposure.

...Maybe I just haven't heard the 'right' stuff, but Cena's always come off as a wack rapper to me. Not that it's really the same thing, but by the same token I wasn't that bowled over by the Wordlife character; merely Cena 'the performer'.

I can be a bit of a hip hop 'snob' to be totally honest. I've been into it since the mid 80's and the culture has been raped over the years IMO. [Another thread sometime.... :shifty: ]

noumenon

I think when Cena does stuff like this, much like he did with Rock it's more prodding them to try and get a reaction for a return if anything. The guy is the biggest wrestler in the world so honestly, anything anyone could try and sling back at the guy would just come off as ridiculous.

straight_edge76

John Cena!
Randy Savage!
Both together on One CD!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

My fingers hurt just for typing/suggesting the idea...

Just throw Konnan on there and it will be the ultimate Wrestler-trying-to-rap epic fail in history.

xtremebadass

John Cena is not a bad rapper. He was actually quite good, it was just hard to play off because normally pro wrestlers aren't supposed to be known for being good at anything except wrestling, which is why some people still don't take the Rock seriously in movies. Cena was pretty damn good, I loved his album.

straight_edge76

Ok MizMasta calm down jk lol

I'm not gonna lie though, when he first came out with his album I honestly thought he was gonna leave the WWE to start a rap carrer tbh. I actually bought his album being that I was a huge Cena mark at the time; I actually don't think it was HORRID but, by no means could I take him seriously on a rap record. I actually think he did a song with underground Rapper Murs a few years ago and it wasn't tooo bad.

noumenon

LOL, somehow finishing up ever verse with "...CHOKE ON DESE NUTS!" doesn't exactly scream talent.