Cena No Longer the Top Merchandise Seller

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
wrestlezone said:
WrestleZone has confirmed that an internal memo sent to WWE staffers this week listed the top 10 merchandise sellers, and John Cena has been replaced for the first time in several years as the number one seller.

The new number one?

CM Punk.

According to the memo, Punk is the number one merchandise selling WWE Superstar both on WWE Shop Zone and at the live events. The only time Cena was not number one was when The Rock returned to WWE Monday Night Raw, and his t-shirts sold a record number on ShopZone.

According to a key source in WWE, two of Punk's shirts have already eclipsed the Rock's one-day sales record. "Punk's merchandise is hot," our source told us, "no one has dethroned Cena in over 5 years, and Punk's numbers are way above anything or anyone else."

I don't know how credible WrestleZone is but for now I will take it as true.

It doesn't surprise me that CM Punk is the one to take over from John Cena because he has had such a good run this year (until WWE decided to drop back on it a bit). Still Punk has been hot and clearly the crowds are behind him, WWE released a great shirt for Punk and it doesn't surprise me that is selling really well.

They haven't listed the top ten, which makes me a bit suspicious, but supposedly John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and the big surprise Zack Ryder are also in the top ten merchandise sellers. Surely this is why Ryder is being used a lot more on WWE tv these days.

It also shows why WWE have pushed Cena at the top for so long since he has held this number one spot for years and would have made WWE tens of millions of dollars through merchandise.