Catching Up on SLeep

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which applies to you?

• Sleep Bank

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Same Sleep

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
As a psychologist, I find this fascinating. I woke up Sunday morning around 4 AM. I didn't nap all day and stayed up until 5 AM the following morning, discussing the Royal Rumble. My brother then woke me up 4 and a half hours later. I was exhausted by the time Raw came on that I just went ahead and went to bed (I am sure Raw would have put me to sleep if I hadn't). Then I slept from 7PM until 6AM without waking up once.

There's two major theories on sleep that I know about in regards to catching up on sleep. One is called the Sleep Bank and it's the one that describes me. If I get a whole lot of sleep one night, I won't have to sleep much the following night. It's like I have extra hours stored in my "sleep bank." But if I don't get a full night's sleep, the following night, I will tend to sleep more to make up for the lack of sleep I previously got. The sleep bank was low and I had to add sleep funds to it.

Other people can't catch up on sleep. If they don't sleep one night, they will still only sleep their regular hours the following night. If for some reason they oversleep, they won't sleep less the following night.

So just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how you sleep. Are you like me and you have to keep depositing and withdrawing from the sleep bank or do you sleep the same each night?

Next Poll will Be: Does Jacob Fox make the most boring threads and should he make threads about naked video game characters? :D

Reactions: Grievous 3D

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I'm a sleep as long as I can kinda guy :p So I guess Sleep Bank is pretty much the closest theory that works with me.

Like if I stay up gaming on weekends, then I sleep in. But even if I had went to bed right after dinner, I'd still sleep in :p

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm a "get whatever sleep you can" kind of guy.

As in, If I have to work day shift and wakE up at 5:45, I just go to bed whenever the wife and baby do. Sometimes 11, other times 1:00 or anytime in between.

In afternoons I get home at 11pm so I usually go to bed at 130 or 2 and wake up at...well anytime before 1:00 lol. But the downside to that is my baby also loves to sleep (I know, we're so thankful for that lol) so she doesn't wake up too early. In fact she's still sleeping and it's 11am.

But if I get less sleep some nights I can't really catch it up the next night. So I just go about my life like I got normal sleep lol.

Working midnights for 6 years really helped me learn how to function on little sleep

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I sleep 4-6ish hours a day avg, but there is definitely a certain point where I know I have a day to crash (first day off in 2 weeks here, I slept about 11 hours last night and am ready to go to bed early tonight) I catch up.

I think it's a myth, and mostly because (being ADD so good) sleeping seems to slow my brain down and I dont lay down or wake up feeling like my brain is going 100 immediately. I might not get as great of REM sleep or whatever, but I feel like the rest of me relaxed enough to sort of hit the reset button.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It depends on my quality. I don't get good quality sleep too often. When I was, I was only needing about 3-4 hours sleep to feel completely rested. This went on for like 4 or 5 weeks. I think this is because I was actually getting a full cycle of uninterrupted sleep instead of my usual sleep 7 to 9 hours and wake up 2 to 4 times. I do find that when I am able to fall asleep before midnight, I get better sleep. I think this is because our bodies are designed to sleep with the moon and rise with the sun.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
For me, it is more about being on a sleep schedule. If I am off for some reason, I try to get back on it as soon as possible, but sometimes if I have 10 hours of sleep after a long period of failed sleep, it helps.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Oh boy.

Sleep and I have a troubled past. Back in my teenage years it wasnt uncommon for me to be awake for two or three days at a time, after which I would typically sleep for 18-19 hours. When I did have a sleep schedule, I typically got about 3 hours and was right back up, but that worked for me.

Getting older, I tend to sleep the same amount regardless of how long I was awake previously. Anytime I used to not get enough sleep recently were due to a couple of health problems in addition to some pretty bad back pain. With both of those problems solved, I finally have a sleep schedule again.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I try to keep my sleep schedule in tact by going to bed at 10:30-12:00 every night. I'm awoken by my dogs at 6 am and just stay awake the rest of the day. I usually deviate from this every other week which sucks because I pass out in the middle of the day and have no energy for anything.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I survive Monday-Friday on 4-6 hours a night, then sleep 10-14 hours on weekends although I could easily sleep 18 hours. I just don't want to waste days off work.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'll sleep when I'm dead - Bruce lee

No, but seriously. I sleep when I can. Like, I'll stay up late if I have to, hell, all night even. But if I have the chance and my mind is slowed down, I'll gladly sleep in over the weekends. It varies but I get about 4-5 hours of quality sleep a night. Sometimes less. On the weekends I really try to push the envelope and sleep in until like 10. I always wake up before my alarm.

Aries

Jobber
Reaction score
I usually get between 6 to 8 hours of sleep.