Cartoon Looking Effect Tutorial

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weebo

Reaction score
In this tutorial i am gunna teach you how to take an image of someone and make it kinda look cartoonish.
503eff2603.png

1. Start out by opening your image and duplicate the layer and set the blending options to 'Color Dodge'.

2. No invert the top layer 'Ctrl+I'
If the image goes white you doing it right

3. Now add a Gaussian Blur 'Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur' and use the following settings
3.jpg

[Your image should look like this]
a9c026452a.png

4.Now create a new Threshold Adjustment layer
5.jpg

and use these settings
6.jpg

[Your image should look like this]
c4fdac9b7d.png

5. Now create a new layer 'Ctrl+Shift+N' and set it to 'Multiply'. Take a paint brush and start coloring the skin. Use the eye dropper to match the correct skin color. Don't color over his eyes and if you do you can always erase it.
966e6e0f74.png

6. Now create a new layerand set it to 'Multiply' once again. Use a paint brush and get the color black and color in the elbow pads, glove, wristband and pants.
e1ca60562f.png

7. Now create a final a new layer and set it to 'Multiply'. Use a paint brush and get the color red a color the straps on the pants. You might want to use an eye dropper to getthe right sade of red.
2ccf70aac5.png

Once you have cpmpleted setp 7 you should be complete. You can do this with pretty much any image of someone. Here are two other examples.
27151a12ea.png

2a12028098.png