Carmella talks her ectopic pregnancy scare last year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Carmella has opened up about dealing with a "deep depression" as a result of an ectopic pregnancy.

The 35-year-old returned to the ring earlier this month after a seven-month absence from WWE. Speaking on an episode of her husband Corey Graves' After the Bell podcast, Carmella commented on the personal journey she went through during this time.

Carmella said:

I was dealing with an ectopic pregnancy, which means that the pregnancy was not viable, couldn't move forward with it, and it's actually something that [Graves] and I were both learning together, is very, very dangerous, and something that a lot of women don't actually make it through.
She continued:

Not only am I in the emergency room for this crazy medical condition that we have to monitor very closely, I was on bed rest for four weeks straight, couldn't do anything, but then I'm also processing the loss of our baby. So, it was a double whammy. Through all of that, we made it through and I'm so, so grateful, and I'm not trying to gloss over any of this. I mean, I was in a deep depression for a while, it was really hard but I felt like it was necessary for me to share my story because even though I had [Graves], I had my family, I have never felt so alone because it's kind of blaming yourself, 'What did I do wrong? How could I have prevented this?' But it turns out there is nothing I could have done, it's just how your body reacts.

Carmella continued to say that she feels it's important to share her story for all the other people out there dealing with similar issues. She spoke about hearing from many women who dealt with the same condition or knew someone who had.

I was excited to have a baby and then it's all taken away and it was just a very difficult time. It felt like my return was up in the air, I didn't know, am I ever going to go back to work? Am I ever going to feel okay?

Carmella specifically mentioned the support she has received from Stephanie McMahon during this time.

Stephanie McMahon, I'm going to get emotional thinking about it, she was so supportive of me through all of it, reached out to me several times, we had several phone conversations about it. Even after my return a few weeks ago, she texted me saying 'so good to see you back, hope you're feeling alright.'
Not only does she preach women-empowerment, she practices it. I'm just so forever grateful for her and the support that she's shown for me through all of this.

The former LA Laker and New England Patriot cheerleader is approaching her 10-year anniversary in WWE. She originally signed with the company in June 2013. Carmella is a one-time SmackDown Women's Champion, held the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships once with Zelina Vega, won the MITB in 2017, and is a four-time 24/7 Champion as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Y2Jayne

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Fuckin brutal
Much love to Mella & Graves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: #Waddles

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Must be quite awful, I'm glad she's ok and I hope she and Corey can get a kid eventually if that makes them happy.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I didn't realize she has been with WWE for 10 years

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
And she's 35, most women her age would probably have fewer than 4 years left if Vince was still around, with the notable exceptions being Tamina and Natalya who are famous wrestlers' daughters.

I wonder if things will be different for them under Triple H.