Carlos Condit Issues Statement Regarding Georges St. Pierre's UFC 137 Withdrawal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Carlos_Condit_500x325_large.png
Carlos Condit's dream was shattered in a manner of minutes earlier today when Georges St. Pierre was forced to withdraw from the UFC 137 welterweight title matchup just 11 days before the fight was set to go down. Condit, who will be held off the card so he can face GSP as soon as he's healthy, issued a press release through his management company just a little while ago. Here's what he had to say:

"I am greatly disappointed, for both myself and UFC fans, that I will no longer be fighting for the Welterweight title at UFC 137, but I also understand that injuries are a part of this business.

As a professional fighter, it is my job to be prepared for any and all circumstances, positive and negative, that come my way during training and the actual fight. Georges is a great competitor and I know that he will want to return to 100 percent health as soon as possible so that this fight can be rescheduled.

This is the best training camp I have ever had, and I look forward to carrying over the growth that I’ve experienced in this camp to my next one.

I have trained for over a decade in mixed martial arts with the clear goal of becoming the best fighter in the world at my weight class. I have worked this long to become the UFC Welterweight Champion. I will work a little longer."

Tough break for everyone involved, obviously. Condit went from a co-main event slot, to a main event title fight, to sitting on the sidelines over the last two months. B.J. Penn vs. Nick Diaz will move up to the main event slot.

More SB Nation coverage of UFC 137