Candice Michelle Thoughts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
So I recently started watching wrestling again after a couple years of not watching it and so much has changed with the women. One thing that really got to me was them dissing girls from the past and just being "model type" girls who couldn't wrestle. I mean I get where they can get that if they didn't actually watch the shows back then but I always hear negative things about Candice Michelle and personally she was one of my favorites. She wasn't just another pretty face she really worked hard to train and get better and better and once she became women's champion her wrestling skills were just mind blowing especially coming from being a diva search contestant. I also really liked her role as a fighting champion who didn't back down from any challenger. But that really motivated me to start making tribute videos again I used to do them back when I was watching wrestling so I did one for Candice Michelle I would appreciate it if you guys watched it and gave me your feedback I'm a little rusty but I managed to complete it :)

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
On the MV, the first thing I have to say that if your intention was to showcase Candice Michelle as a good wrestler, you started with the worst possible selection, as the camera angle (particularly the second one) shows that her kick wasn't even close to connecting, which isn't necessarily on her, but still doesn't present a strong showing. Other than that, it was fine. I like how you structured her quote about the championship in with her the music, how after it was done, the music and the action picked up. The pacing of the video in the MV should be tied to the music itself, and I think you did a good job of incorporating that mentality.

As for Candice Michelle herself, yeah I actually thought she was pretty good too. I've always been more lenient on the diva's of the diva era than a lot of the ICW, mostly because I feel that the ICW was too harshly critical of the wrestlers themselves rather than the format that WWE provided them. Like, of course a lot of them weren't as competent in the ring, WWE rarely allowed them to get anymore than five minutes a match, the chance of five minute matches being entertaining are pretty slim (especially if they're meant to be competitive like many of them were) but also that severely diminishes the experience and practice the individuals get, which is so valuable. But back to Candice Michelle specifically, I did think she was poor early on but she started to become one of my favorites around her championship reign because the improvement was clear. I remember being consistently impressed by just how much Candice Michelle was developing as a competitor during this time, her work ethic was really shining through. Unfortunately, her injury really derailed her. I do think she returned at a lower level than her during her reign, which is disappointing.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The real question is what order does she take it in?

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
She was always terrible.. when she became champion in 2008, she was gone 6 months later anyways.. and hasn't been seen since..She didn't even come back for the Royal Rumble match.