Call of Duty: Vanguard

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score

Thoughts? I didn't really like the last WW2 game this developer made so I'm a bit hesistant on this personally. The graphics look crisp and it looks to be an alternative take on history. I do miss playing COD campaigns but not sure if this is the game that will get me on board.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The game is a bit rough in some places. Here is some gameplay from the "Champion Hill" Alpha...

Reactions: Marty McFourth

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I played a few games of that Champion Hill and hated it. Thought it would be a mode in addition to a TDM or Domination but that was literally all it was. Deleted the app 15 minutes later. :lol

I'm assuming the next beta weekend will be TDM. Hoping that's the case anyway.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm seriously underwhelmed by it. Feels a bit unfinished.
Yup. Call of Duty: WWII is better, IMHO. However, the game is using the Modern Warfare [2019] engine.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yup. Call of Duty: WWII is better, IMHO. However, the game is using the Modern Warfare [2019] engine.

That was a good engine to be fair. Modern Warfare is probably one of the best ones they brought out in a long time, although the maps weren't very good. I'm going to try this out at the weekend when they open it up to everyone but I don't have high hopes.

Reactions: InSaNe

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
That was a good engine to be fair. Modern Warfare is probably one of the best ones they brought out in a long time, although the maps weren't very good. I'm going to try this out at the weekend when they open it up to everyone but I don't have high hopes.
Yup, the Modern Warfare [2019] was a good engine, but at the same time, its glitchy, buggy, and other broken issues. The hacking, the cheating has exposed these coders. They just outright hacked fucking TitanFall.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yup, the Modern Warfare [2019] was a good engine, but at the same time, its glitchy, buggy, and other broken issues. The hacking, the cheating has exposed these coders. They just outright hacked fucking TitanFall.

I think Warzone ruined COD honestly. It got increased popularity back to the franchise but they seemed to care more about the BR than the Multiplayer these days. The hacking and cheating has got worse since then. I hope this game gets the attention it deserves, I personally get bored of playing Warzone after a couple of games.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I think Warzone ruined COD honestly. It got increased popularity back to the franchise but they seemed to care more about the BR than the Multiplayer these days. The hacking and cheating has got worse since then. I hope this game gets the attention it deserves, I personally get bored of playing Warzone after a couple of games.
I also don't like the BR we have now, either. I do dream of a BR with more players, but technology has to catch up to that idea. At the moment it feels like a slog. I LOVE CoD4. I spent weeks, days, months. Years. Playing that thing. Nights, sleepless nights, into the morning, till the very next class, afternoons. My God, what an experience. MW2 came, rinse and repeat. MW3 was ok, but not topping CoD4.

I really wanted to love Warzone, but I just can't. I don't know what it is. I think its the player count.

Modern Warfare 2019 was THE closest we got to CoD4, despite the rough beginning. At first I was playing with MP5 as usual, but then I discovered mother fucking 725...

Last edited:

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I actually just re-downloaded WWII after playing Vanguard and it's miles better than Vanguard imo. And I don't even think WWII is that good. The last few CODs I just can't get in to. I think it has to do with them all being on the same engine. Just can't get consistently good games. I can go 40-5 all day in a TDM or Kill Confirmed game on Black Ops 4 but on these recent games? Just not possible. Even the best players I see in lobbies are like a 2 KD at best. It's a shame too because all the customization in these recent games look great. But playing the game just isn't enjoyable for me.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Apparently Vanguard is open to all now on PS4 if you guys are interested. Unsure about other platforms. I'm going to give it a peep and see how I feel about it. I'll share some thoughts later.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I actually just re-downloaded WWII after playing Vanguard and it's miles better than Vanguard imo. And I don't even think WWII is that good. The last few CODs I just can't get in to. I think it has to do with them all being on the same engine. Just can't get consistently good games. I can go 40-5 all day in a TDM or Kill Confirmed game on Black Ops 4 but on these recent games? Just not possible. Even the best players I see in lobbies are like a 2 KD at best. It's a shame too because all the customization in these recent games look great. But playing the game just isn't enjoyable for me.

I hated WWII personally, thought it was atrocious. I didn't mind the campaign but it was a bit short. So I'm hoping this grabs me a bit more. I don't think there was a single map I enjoyed. It's the only COD game where I only prestiged once or twice.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have liked the past couple more than advanced warfare and the futuristic ones that came out I literally only played those ones a month or two and quit because it agitated me. The latest one I have enjoyed all of it. The story line is great and even has two different endings. WW2 I didn't mind that much but I didn't play it much at all either.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I play a lot of Kill Confirmed, and boy oh boy is it night and day in terms of the speed of the game between WWII and Black Ops 4. I feel like I'm a track athlete in BO4 and stuck in the mud in WWII when trying to get a dogtag. :lol

• Haha

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Apparently Vanguard is open to all now on PS4 if you guys are interested. Unsure about other platforms. I'm going to give it a peep and see how I feel about it. I'll share some thoughts later.
Its open to all platforms.