Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos to Headline UFC on Fox Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was announced two days ago that the mainevent for the first ever card on Fox will be Velazquez vs. Dos Santos for the Heavyweight Title.

This is massive and will help push UFC right into the mainstream. This is going to draw huge and I can understand why they would give up a huge fight like this for free tv.

What do you think about this fight headlining the Fox special? How many viewers will tune in for this fight?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It is definitely the right move. These two guys can stand and bang, they can trade blows, and they can last. They have good cardio so if it gets into the later rounds it isn't like we're going to see two guys standing around with their hands on their waist trying to catch their breath. Plus... the casual fan is always more interested in the heavyweight fights than any other weight class. It isn't until you invest yourself into the sport that you see and notice more.

This also helps Cain and Junior in becoming more main stream. Cause right now... Brock is the definite main stream getter from the WWE days. Cain is the champ so he needs more exposure, Junior isn't too good of an English speaker but he is tough so those two are going to definitely put up a good fight and for the first cable TV fight that you are going to put up... you wanna hope that it isn't just a one round, couple of minutes fight and with these two... it will last.

I'm excited for it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It should be a very good fight and I definitely see it getting out of the first two rounds. They are very evenly matched and I can't see either getting an early KO win. As you said the casual fans are more interested in seeing heavyweights fight so it should draw well in that respect rather than seeing the Featherweights fight who look like jockeys.

I am hoping that it will be shown here in Australia either live or soon after so that I don't have to try to find it on Youtube.

I like the idea that this is the only fight booked for the show, it is a one hour show. There are prelim fights that will happen before it goes to air but UFC are giving this all the time it needs and if it does finish early then they can show highlights of previous fights like they normally do.

Ben

Reaction score
Easily one of the best choice for the fight and it should draw in a lot of viewers. Think the goal for FOX and UFC here viewership wise has to be to top what Kimbo and EliteXC did on CBS, think the rating was around 6 million viewers. Can def see UFC beating that and the potential is there to double it.

As for the fight itself it's a close one and could go either way, both guys have KO power so it could end in the first but at the same time I could see it going the distance. Either way excited for the match up.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
With the mega hype machine that UFC is... and how good Fox is with hyping things... this could really eclipse the 6 mil that Kimbo brought in. But that is still a pretty lofty number to take during the Fall on Saturday night. But those two will be able to do it if hyped up right. Cain with his KOs and Junior with his vicious uppercuts.

This is going to be an awesome fight.