C4's Basic Signature Tutorial - Part1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

This is my first tutorial, to teach people how to make Basic Signatures for themselves; it's pretty easy and almost everyone will understand it.

CHECKLIST:

1) Adobe Photoshop CS3
2) Wrestler PSDS - Download from http://www.Italianpsd.net or http://www.psdprotocol.com
3) Good fonts - Download from www.1001freefonts.com
4) Good Brushes - Google "Photoshop *Version* Brushes Download"
5) A good creative mind, and Rep/ Thankyou for C4 :shifty:

Ok, let's start with our tutorial. Open up Photoshop; I use Photoshop CS2 and it's the best version in my opinion.

Now go to File > New and select the settings you want, C4's recommended size for a sig is 400*200 pixels.

Tut1.png

Once you're done, click OK and press "D" on your keyboard to make sure the colors for the background and foreground are black and white. Now grab the FILL tool from the toolbox and fill a black color in the sig.

tut2.png

Select the brush tool and go to File>Load>LoadBrushes and select your brushes, the one's which you have downloaded.

tut3.png

Grab some decent brushes and spray over the sig with a bright white color, and you will get something like this:

tut4.png

Now comes the main part. Open up the ".psd/.png" Wrestler picture file which you downloaded earlier. I have a Folder in 'My Documents' with the name of "PSD" and I save all of the pictures which I download, over there.

Have something like that. Once you select your picture click OK. I selected Bret Hart as an example over here.

tut5.png

Too bigggg huh?? Don't use 'Free Transform' or any other tool to make it smaller. It f*cks the resolution of the psd. Go to Image>ImageSize

tut6.png

A window like the one above will pop up, decrease the pixels of the width and make it around 300 or 250. Once you adjust the width; the height will be adjusted itself. If you make the picture too small then use the history box to go back to the original picture.

tut65.png

Move the PSD to your signature by using the MOVE tool.

Then Press CTRL+J on your keyboard or select 'Duplicate Layer' by right clicking on the PSD Layer menu.

tut8.png

With the Duplicated Layer selected, change the blending mode to 'overlay'. Just like it's done in the picture above.

By this time, you should have something like this:

tut9.png

Are you ready to move forward? If yes... then lets go! :bounce:

This was the basic part of this tutorial, now it's a little bit advanced. Check this Thread for Part2 of this "Basic Signature Tutorial":

http://impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?p=216487#post216487

Weebo

Reaction score
two word, not helpfull. Nothing that great here, more like noobish work to me. C4 i know you can do better then this but just will not show it.

JC Punk

Reaction score
I agree atleast he is helping us and giving us tip to make us better its better than just sitting around all day!

Untouchable

Reaction score
I don't care if you have a tutorial as well, this 1 is C4's and if you don't both stfu arguing I will have you both banned.

good day :)

C4

Weebo you don't really get it, the title says "Basic Signature Tutorial" and it has to be something easy for the people who just started GFX in Photoshop. Not something too complicated for people; It was difficult taking those 24 screenshots, getting it right and uploading the pictures.

By the way, here are my four words: Keep your Mouth shut!

Wrestling Station said it best:
"Weebo is jealous of everyone, even if it's his own shadow; Nevermind him"

PureGreatness

Reaction score
I noticed you using a similar brush what i used from a while back and hope you don't mind me suing it i also used total deviance brushes for the middle...

HBKC4Sig.jpg

C4

Reputation added to CmCena54DXPunk and PureGreatness, good result for a guy who starts photoshop. Continue doing this and mess around with photoshop, learn to apply filters and you will be in no time... a good graphic designer with such results.

So, did any other new guy try this thing?

JC Punk

Reaction score
C4 look at my new DX sig i think you'll like it!

Mike1989

Reaction score
"Photoshop *Version* Brushes Download"

Any chance you could give any more details, just I've tried searching but I've not found any. Maybe the name of the site or something.

Thanks, great tutorial though really helpful :)

C4

"Photoshop *Version* Brushes Download"

Any chance you could give any more details, just I've tried searching but I've not found any. Maybe the name of the site or something.

Thanks, great tutorial though really helpful

Sure, actually what I meant to say was:

Example:

(If you have Photoshop 7.0) then you can go on www.google.com and search for brushes (i.e. You will type something like this: "Photoshop 7.0 Brushes for Download")

Same thing with other versions; you will type "Photoshop CS" instead of "7.0" if you have version 8.0. Browse through some pages and you will get some good brushes for download, if you have any queries on how to load them into Photoshop ask me over here.