Bushiroad Buys Stardom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
kDyRXael.jpg
New Japan Pro-Wrestling and Stardom are now under the same ownership.

Yahoo Japan is reporting that Bushiroad, the company that owns NJPW, has now purchased the women’s wrestling league Stardom. The move is expected to be officially announced soon after the board of directors OK the move. Bushiroad has seen women’s wrestling grow in popularity worldwide and this move will make it so that they own the top men’s and women’s leagues in Japan.

Bushiroad director Takaaki Kidani has previously talked about not wanting to miss out on when Japan has a WWE-like movement towards women’s wrestling and this move solidifies that. There are no details yet if they will be ran separately or if they will be merged.

Expect more details once it is official. Bushiroad has retweeted the article, confirming it.

For those who don't know Stardom it's theeee..Joshi Promotion I started watching and it's grown the past 5 Years since I started watching. Huge news with this seeing as though Kidani says he can make more money for Stardom in the coming years. Expected Production values of course for Stardom which they need, and if they keep things separate I feel it's a win win for Stardom. More eyes on the Company and the fanbase especially in the Female category. No more Rossy in control and his own ways as we get to see some fresh ideas on ways to help the Company become bigger and bigger.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
F4WOnline has more details on Bushiroad’s purchase of World Wonder Ring Stardom, which was announced yesterday. It was sold to Kix Road, which is a subsidiary of Bushiroad.

It was noted that it is not New Japan buying Stardom or a merger between the two companies. Also, New Japan will not start using women wrestlers on their shows. The plan is to keep both companies separate. Stardom will be handled by Kix Road, the parent company of Knock Out, Bushiroad’s kickboxing company. As part of this dela, Kix Road will change its name to Bushiroad Fight Co. There’s no plans for interaction between Knock Out and Stardom.

Hiroshi “Rossy” Ogawa will still be the CEO of Stardom, which will keep the same name. World Wonder Ring Stardom will no longer be a company. Bushiroad employees will join Stardom to work in the front office, but the Stardom staff will stay as they were there. Bushiroad will try to build the brand through advertising and television, as they did for NJPW. Bushiroad will also create a TV show for Stardom for BS NTV (30 minutes on Thursdays) and Tokyo MX that begins in January.

Stardom World will remain exclusive for Stardom events. New Japan World will not have Stardom events, sine that’s partly owned by TV-Asahi. The Stardom TV deal is with TV-Asahi’s rival NTV. Bushiroad plans to market Stardom in January with wrestling magazines, billboards and television. Stardom Talent will appear at CharaExpo 2019 on December 7-8 at the Anaheim Convention enter as part of this, with a main event of Mayu Iwatani and Tam Nakano vs. Samie Sakai and Nicole Savoy.

Finally, the talent that are in Stardom will be signed to full-time contracts.

Rossy still in control oh boy his ideas and thoughts the past few years has wanted me to see someone else in charge, but him still CEO means nothing really changes with their booking and ideals. I do like a TV Show for them what it contains vs the Stardom World is what catches my interest and full time contracts means alot for those talents who have been there since the beginning like Mayu Iwatani.