Bullet shock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
In many films and video games, bullet shock has been exhibited in various ways, but one event that can happen that I'm not sure about is passing out from the shock of a bullet.

What causes this to happen?

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yeah you pass out when you lose loads of blood. Then again people do pass out due to shock

In the late 90's, the Japanese became very interested in the physics behind bullet shock. They programmed it into their video games to offer players various simulations of what could happen in real time.

One such example is Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. The creature named after the subtitle of this game was part of said movement. In its case, Nemesis drops to his knees and then onto his face after taking a set amount of damage, he gets up a few seconds later.

Now, from what you're saying, let's say Capcom (the developers), were using CGI to recreate what bullet or projectile trauma would do to a real, living body and Nemesis undergoes temporary trauma to its system that causes it to collapse momentarily.

Would this be can accurate hypothesis?

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think there must be a way better scientific test to draw a hypothesis on. I dunno though.

Alright, then how about craneal wounds where rhe bullet passes through the skull without touching the brain. That's kind of like a know out blow that hammers much harder than any punch. Lincoln Clay from Mafia 3 sustains such a head shot and gets knocked out from the shock of the bullet.

Yet the bullet doesn't hit anything vital. How come the bullet shock puts him out for a time?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Lincoln Clay from Mafia 3 sustains such a head shot and gets knocked out from the shock of the bullet.
Lincoln Clay was glazed by the bullet in Mafia and was knocked out by the smoke fumes, if anything.

Yet the bullet doesn't hit anything vital. How come the bullet shock puts him out for a time?
The bullet's shockwave caused enough vibration that it "shook" the brain and knocked him out and as well as I mention above the smoke was cutting of Oxygen to the brain and thus making his brain easy to "shock".

If you legit want to know more about this subject there are some online articles that explain Hydrostatic Shock, which the scientific name for it, and shock in general and how it affects the body.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Lincoln Clay was glazed by the bullet in Mafia and was knocked out by the smoke fumes, if anything.

The bullet's shockwave caused enough vibration that it "shook" the brain and knocked him out and as well as I mention above the smoke was cutting of Oxygen to the brain and thus making his brain easy to "shock".

If you legit want to know more about this subject there are some online articles that explain Hydrostatic Shock, which the scientific name for it, and shock in general and how it affects the body.

Okay, thanks. I'll look for these articles. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: Jay-Ashley