BTB Highlight of the week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

BTB Highlight of the week:

Every week I'm going to choose a BTB I read that I thought was very impressive. I'm doing this because I know you people love it when others mention/put over your BTBs so I figured I'd give some joy to my fellow BTBers. The winner each week is chosen by myself, and I only choose BTBs that I read for that given week. Don't bitch at me if you don't win, you'll get the honor of BTB of the week eventually.

So, with that said, lets get the inaugural edition of BTB highlight of the week started! Ladies and gentlemen, this week's BTB highlight is...

Chaos Theory Wrestling by Spiralshock:

This is one of the more unique BTBs in that Spiralshock uses lots of indie wrestlers that you would normally see in ROH/Chikara, and other feds. I like that he isn't afraid to use some wrestlers many people probably aren't aware of, and I respect him for taking a little bit of a risk in that department. If you read some of Spiralshock's work you can instantly tell that he's an experienced writer who knows what he's doing. For one, his promos are excellent. When a character is funny, he nails the comedy perfectly. When they are serious, the promos are epic. CTW has many interesting storylines going on, while the world title program featuring Chris Hero and Super Dragon has me hooked, my favorite feud is without a doubt, the Roderick Strong/Jimmy Jacobs feud. Spiralshock has managed to turn Roderick Strong into an evil son of a bitch, he even threatened a random woman from the audience! His feud with Jimmy Jacobs seems to be very personal, and with Lacey as the special referee for the match at the Unskinny Bob PPV, I just can't help but wonder if we might see a swerve involving Lacey...I'm sure Spiralshock is thinking about it :laugh:

CTW's match of the week:

Match writing isn't a week point for Spiralshock, in a 4 way match featuring Sexxxy Eddy vs Thett Titus vs Drake Younger vs El Generico he was able to let everyone in the match shine, as well as give the reader a slow build up (featuring a 3 on 1 on "addicted to love" Rhett Titus) that eventually lead to a fast paced climax and a great finish! There were lots of false finishes towards the end of the match, but El Generico was able to get the Brainbustaaa out of all the chaos, and get the 1...2...3!

So that concludes this week's edition of BTB Highlight of the week! Join me next Sunday as I highlight one of the many amazing BTB's IWF has to offer. Will it be yours? Check back here next week to find out!

Evil Austin

Great idea by the way, will really help out the area and give the bookers something to look forward to.

seX-Power

Cool idea, but that scrolling was a bitch. CTW is epic, and I'll review once I cbf.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Very good idea Chessarmy and CTW is great, I would read more if I knew about the independants.

Qwake

Good idea Chess, this helps in two ways. 1, Chess has to review atleast one BTB a week now and 2 being this thread where he sums up the show he read. :y:

CTW is awesome, I hope Spiral returns fully if he ever gets the time. Its a great read but not only that, it helps me learn more about all the indy guys which gets me to watch it more often which is good.