Bryan Danielson talks missing All In, match with Okada

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
kazuchika-okada-vs-bryan-danielson-forbidden-door-2023-06-25-0049.webp

Bryan Danielson is keeping a positive attitude about the injury he suffered at Forbidden Door 2.

Danielson suffered a broken arm that night in his match against Kazuchika Okada. He is expected to be out of action until October and will miss Sunday's All In show at Wembley Stadium as a result.

Danielson told his wife, Brie Bella, on The Nikki & Brie Show recently that while he wishes he hadn't broken his arm against Okada, he's grown an appreciation for the match they had.

"(Okada) did an elbow drop to me off the top rope, and it ended up breaking my arm. Then I wrestled another 10 minutes with the broken arm, which doctors said made it worse," Danielson said.

"That said, I find a certain joy in doing things that are hard and finishing them, and even though it probably caused me a little bit more damage, I got more value out of it given that that had happened versus had it not happened."

Danielson also spoke about keeping a gratitude journal and challenging himself to have a positive attitude in uncomfortable situations.

"If I could take it back, I would wish that my arm had never got broken and that I'd be able to wrestle at All In in Wembley," he continued. "It's going to be one of the biggest wrestling crowds in history this weekend on Sunday and I don't get to take part in it because my arm is still healing. But despite that, and I wouldn't ask for my arm to be broken if I could do it over again, but because it did happen and I couldn't control it, it almost gave more meaning to how I felt about the match itself."

"Also, I did a press conference afterward with my broken arm, and we didn't know how bad it was at the time. But I think there's - and I do this a lot when fasting, there's a lot of health benefits to fasting - but when you put yourself in an uncomfortable position where you do something and it's uncomfortable and you keep doing it, the thing is it's not like 'OK, yeah, I did it,' it's can I do this - for example while fasting or wrestling with a broken arm or doing a press conference with a broken arm - and keep a good attitude while being in pain, while being starving."

"If I'm looking back on something versus experiencing something in the moment, I really enjoyed that match with Okada."

Our own Dave Meltzer rated Danielson vs. Okada at Forbidden Door four and three-quarter stars, the 13th time a Danielson match has received the same rating. Danielson has received a five-star rating from Meltzer on five occasions previously in matches against MJF, Kenny Omega, Hangman Page, and in two Anarchy in the Arena matches.