Bryan Danielson talks G1 Climax chances, WrestleDream, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
press-06-ricky-starks-vs-bryan-danielson-collision-2023-09-23_04.webp

Bryan Danielson discussed the possibility of entering a future G1 Climax tournament during a recent podcast appearance.

Danielson noted that being in the G1 has been a goal of his for a long time but he's worried about the physical toll it would take on his body.

"Sometimes I have delusions of doing the G1, but I think that's what they are, I think they're delusions," Danielson said on the Getting Over podcast. "That's something that I've wanted to do forever and ever and ever and have never been able to do it. And so, this year would be the year to do it, except is it? Because by the time the next G1 rolls around, I'll be 43."

"I love doing this but it's not worth the expense of my health later on in life and I've already had enough injuries as it is."

"I think now doing a G1 might be a little irresponsible of me in comparison to what my overall long-term goals are, which is being there for my kids and there for my family."

"I'm not even talking for the month that I'd be gone for the G1, I'm talking what that would do to my body," he continued. "My body has been very forgiving of me and the things that I choose to do. I don't want to take advantage of it too much. It's been so good to me and I need to treat it kindly this last year."

Danielson wouldn't give too much away regarding plans for his final full-time year in wrestling. He noted that he doesn't have a list of people he wants to wrestle but does "have some specific stories" he would like to tell.

Danielson will wrestle Zack Sabre Jr. at WrestleDream on Sunday in Seattle. He spoke about getting to have the dream match in his hometown.

"One of the things that I am really looking forward to is this is my first big match ever that I've had in Seattle. That whole time I was with WWE I never did like a long, big match in Seattle. And even when AEW came here for the first time earlier this year, I was in a big segment but the match itself I was wrestling Tony Nese and it was under five minutes."

"Seattle fanbase is so awesome and specifically for those of us who they perceive to be this is our hometown, our home area, we're natives, they are so vocal. And when that happens when you're wrestling, it just sends chills through your body."

Before Danielson wrestles ZSJ on Sunday, he's scheduled for a multi-person tag match on AEW Collision. He will team with Wheeler Yuta and FTR against Ricky Starks, Big Bill, and Aussie Open. ZSJ will be on commentary for the match.