Bryan Danielson talks AEW contract status, wanting to wrestle at Wembley and Tacoma Dome

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Before he wraps up his career as a full-time wrestler, Bryan Danielson wants to compete at London’s Wembley Stadium.

AEW is returning to Wembley for All In 2024 on Sunday, August 25. It’s the second straight year AEW has run the stadium. When AEW made its Wembley debut last summer, Danielson was out of action at the time and couldn’t wrestle at the show.

Danielson told Casual Conversations with The Classic this week that his AEW contract actually expires before All In 2024. Despite that, he really wants to wrestle at the show before ending his full-time run.

He responded when asked what milestones are left on his checklist:

The big one is Wembley. I want to make it to Wembley. My contract actually expires before Wembley. But I want to make it to Wembley. Because as a wrestling fan — one, last year’s All In was incredible. But then as a wrestling fan, that’s like a defining moment, when the British Bulldog beats Bret Hart. So you think of Wembley almost in these mythical terms.

AEW All In 2023 and WWF SummerSlam 1992 are the only wrestling shows Wembley Stadium has ever hosted.

Danielson mentioned that he’d like his last match as a full-time wrestler to take place at AEW’s WrestleDream pay-per-view this October, but he isn’t sure if he’ll make it that far before the end of his run:

But I really want to be able to do Wembley and just see what that’s like, see what that feels like. So, yeah, that’s a big one for me.
I’m not sure if I’ll make it, but one thing that would be a nice way to like kind of close everything out for me is to do my last match as a full-time wrestler at WrestleDream at the Tacoma Dome.

Washington is Danielson’s home state, and the Tacoma Dome is the venue where he saw his first wrestling show. It was a WWF event headlined by Ultimate Warrior vs. Rick Rude.

WrestleDream is being held on Saturday, October 12.

Once he becomes a part-time wrestler, Danielson would like to wrestle 5-10 matches per year.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He knows damn well he gonna make it to WrestleDream

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
October isn’t that far off so barring injury(fingers crossed it doesn’t happen) he should make it there.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
So... Bryan/Ospreay II at Wembley, Bryan/Ospreay III as Danielson's final Match at WrestleDream.

...and Danielson v Naito at Forbidden Door.

:uhoh