Bruno Sammartino movie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Talks have been described as "serious" between producers of a planned Bruno Sammartino feature film and Michael Luisi of WWE Films according to a report by Dave Meltzer. While no deal has been finalized, WWE has expressed interest in the rights to the movie to be produced by Scott Rosenfelt and written by Rosenfelt and Paul Guay. A script has already been completed for the film following Sammartino's life from 1943 when the Nazis took over Pizaferato, Italy until 1995.

I'd watch it. I think it would be an interesting movie, and could educate a lot of people about his career, as not many people know who he is anymore. They just know he is going into the Hall of Fame this year.

I also heard rumors of a Roddy Piper movie. What superstars would like to see get a movie based on their lives? I think a Hulk Hogan movie would be really entertaining.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Will only watch this movie if he finally comes clean and say he helped Vince Sr. screw over Buddy Rogers for that title he held for eight years.

Will only watch this movie if he finally comes clean and say he helped Vince Sr. screw over Buddy Rogers for that title he held for eight years.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If that is the case. then it should definitely get oscar buzz.

If that is the case. then it should definitely get oscar buzz.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be down. I don't think it will be a huge hit, so they should try to limit the amount of spending on marketing, but I'd see it for sure.

Which actor would play him, I wonder?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It sounds like he does have a good story to tell, and not just from his work with WWWF. Could be an interesting production if it does go ahead.

With regards to casting I hope that they don't try to use a current wellknown wrestler to play him as it just won't work. Will be tough to cast though as he was a short man with a huge build.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It sounds like he does have a good story to tell, and not just from his work with WWWF. Could be an interesting production if it does go ahead.

With regards to casting I hope that they don't try to use a current wellknown wrestler to play him as it just won't work. Will be tough to cast though as he was a short man with a huge build.

A short guy with a huge build? Obviously they will cast Big E Langston.........throw some makeup on and have him grow his hair out....BOOM! Oscar nom.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe Donnie Wahlberg, no way WWE could afford Marky Marky, and why use Marky Mark? They have their own version in John Cena.

WWe could fork over the cash to make the movie, but they don't have enough to cast major names, nor the advertising cost.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The only guy suitably boring enough would be Daniel Day Lewis, but his career hasn't plummetted low enough to be accepting WWE movies yet.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
The only guy suitably boring enough would be Daniel Day Lewis, but his career hasn't plummetted low enough to be accepting WWE movies yet.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

We laugh, but watch Daniel Day Lewis get completely into the role and destroy it. Oscar nomation guaranteed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Daniel Day Lewis just gets an automatic nomination as soon as he takes a role.