Bronson Reed on talks with HHH leading up to his return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
068_raw_01302023at_18611--6de3cf212963abed435085486a20b260.jpg

Bronson Reed has opened up about his release from WWE and what led to his return to the company last December.

Reed was a guest on an episode of After the Bell with Corey Graves released Friday. During the discussion, he spoke about how his release in 2021 "put a chip on his shoulder" and "might have been beneficial" to his career.

Reed said:

To me, I was just angry that I didn't get to do more with the WWE, which then like I said, put a chip on my shoulder. I went out there and did whatever I could to be the best that I could be, which obviously got me seen to come back. So, in the end, I think it was a little gut-wrenching at the time but it might have been beneficial for my career.
Reed worked as JONAH in Impact Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling from late-2021 until December 2022. He took part in the G1 Climax 32 and finished with 8 points, a 4-2 record, and perhaps most notably, a victory over the eventual tournament winner, Kazuchika Okada. JONAH then lost to Okada in the semi-main event of NJPW Declaration of Power in October.

Reed continued to say that he texted Triple H to see if there was interest in his returning to WWE.

I was actually here at home and it was Triple H that called me. I always had a great relationship with him. At the time, I was working with New Japan Pro Wrestling and it looked like I could do one of two things: I could have signed on with them to stay longer or I could have came back to WWE. I sent a text to Hunter just to see if he was interested and he was. So, he set up a time to call me, he called me and we had a great chat about everything, not just coming back to WWE but wrestling in general, what I've been doing. It just felt right, it felt like 'okay, this is the move that I need to make.'
I had said to Hunter, 'I didn't get to do those things like Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, or an Elimination Chamber.' These are things that I wanted to be able to do so I'm very happy that I'm back to be able to do those things.

Reed will take part in his first-ever Elimination Chamber match on February 18, 2023, in Montreal. He qualified for the match by defeating Dolph Ziggler on the January 30 edition of WWE Raw. Reed is also scheduled to face Mustafa Ali on the February 13 Raw.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Trips definitely built something special down in NXT with the way the majority of talent speak about him. Thought Bronson was ok in NXT but nothing standout, I was actually more looking forward when he moved up as I felt like Vince would have liked him.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Trips definitely built something special down in NXT with the way the majority of talent speak about him. Thought Bronson was ok in NXT but nothing standout, I was actually more looking forward when he moved up as I felt like Vince would have liked him.

The loyalty they have is crazy front what it sounds like.....Bobby Fish said he'd go to war for HHH :heston