Brodus Clay.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So this week on SmackDown he's in a dance off... I personally believe that's going to ruin his character already. That's a Santino thing to do, if they want Brodus to be a threat and funny, they need to cut this crap out.

Discuss.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
So this week on SmackDown he's in a dance off... I personally believe that's going to ruin his character already. That's a Santino thing to do, if they want Brodus to be a threat and funny, they need to cut this crap out.

Discuss.

Here you go.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/P9B7ZYSwHPE[/video]

He's under a gimmick whilst squashing people. Santino was under a gimmick whilst being squashed. There's a difference. Remember Rikishi? Yeah, main eventer at one point whilst being part of Too Cool. Remember them? Wackos.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Adam said:
Here you go.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/P9B7ZYSwHPE[/video]

He's under a gimmick whilst squashing people. Santino was under a gimmick whilst being squashed. There's a difference. Remember Rikishi? Yeah, main eventer at one point whilst being part of Too Cool. Remember them? Wackos.

Did Rikishi ever main event whilst part of Too Cool? I only remember his heel run when he separated from them. Even that run he main evented I believe only at Armageddon in the 6 man hell in a cell.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right but he did have an Intercontinental title run whilst part of Too Cool.

It still shows that a simple heel turn or change of gimmick turned him to main event. Brodus is far from just a gimmick.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
LOL Regal is such a goof. Vickie got dominated. Regal danced, (weirdly), and Brodus laid him out and said,

"Muh bad, somebody call his momma"

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I was the one who argued Brodus being different to Santino, he can be funny in a match whilst winning that's fine. Doing pathetic dance off's doesn't help him at all. It's 2012, who cares about a WWE dance off now? Every dance off I've seen in recent years gets zero response from crowds unless Michael Cole is in it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I was the one who argued Brodus being different to Santino, he can be funny in a match whilst winning that's fine. Doing pathetic dance off's doesn't help him at all. It's 2012, who cares about a WWE dance off now? Every dance off I've seen in recent years gets zero response from crowds unless Michael Cole is in it.

When did people ever care about dance offs? Rikishi and Too Cool were playing a gimmick so they can't be mentioned.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
"Every dance off I've seen in recent years gets zero response from crowds unless Michael Cole is in it."

Michael Cole, in a dance off? Lol what?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RKO said:
"Every dance off I've seen in recent years gets zero response from crowds unless Michael Cole is in it."

I'm not responsible for any mental trauma caused by Jr's dancing.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
RKO said:

They hate him so much they react. Same with Vickie, no one actually cares about them.

I wish they'd used those minutes giving Brodus some mic time when he wasn't out of breath, lmao. Also, why use Regal to be laid out knowing Regal is actually quite over as a face...

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:

It was a Sin City complete gimmick SmackDown. There was going to be a dance off no matter what. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Adam said:
It was a Sin City complete gimmick SmackDown. There was going to be a dance off no matter what. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

They could of used Santino and Hornswoggle, people no one really cares about. It done more harm than good in my opinion, though Brodus is doing exceptional in this gimmick. You see how over he was?

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
That's the whole idea, give him exposure, show him to the fans, they're warming to him. Makes for an exceptional heel turn in the future.

He's been on RAW/SmackDown/RAW/SmackDown since his debut. It's not bad going, more exposure than any other talent at the moment. Apart from probably Daniel Bryan.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The exposure is fine, I'm not against that. But I don't think putting him in dance-off's are going to make people legitimately think he's a contender. I doubt you could begin to argue that. How does cheap-shotting Regal (who's over, but for some reason is heel) make Brodus a star? I'd prefer them to make some up-and-coming heel beat down some face, Brodus interrupts and saves the day by squashing the heel. I know it's happened before, but the fans eat that stuff up. He could still be funny, make people laugh, but it makes people want to see him more.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Brodus has the in-ring ability. *NXT and Superstars viewing of course", but he has no mic credibility. He's like a combination of Viscera and Show put together.