Brock Lesnar's Salary Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
ESPN the Magazine is reporting that UFC heavyweight fighter Brock Lesnar made $5.3 million from fighting in 2010.

Lesnar is getting paid huge money to crush his opponents in the ring – and that’s because when he’s fighting on a UFC event, it’s virtually guaranteed to be a blockbuster success.

In 2010, Brock Lesnar joined Mike Tyson as the only fighters to ever draw over 1 million pay-per-view buys in a single year. Tyson actually did it three times in 1996.

While Lesnar’s heavyweight annual income looks great, it pales in comparison to boxing champion Manny Pacquiao who took home a staggering $32 million in 2010.

On the surface, this looks boxing look like a far more lucrative sport for potential fighters to get into. By that standard, guys like Lesnar, Georges St. Pierre should be making much more than Lesnar made in 2010. MMA promoters argue that MMA has dozens of fighters that make over $500,000 a year, while there are only a handful of boxers making big money.
He fought twice in 2010, beating Shane Carwin at UFC 116 and losing to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121. He hasn't fought in 2011 yet hence why he made no money.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
How much was he earning in the WWE? That's a pretty nice paycheck he's getting atm from MMA.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Idk how much Lesnar made in WWE but he was offered a multi million dollar per year offer I believe when they tried to resign him before he left after mania. Not surprised that he is making bank though guy is easily their biggest draw.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I think we might see him back in WWE in a few years time for something like Wrestlemania.

Vita

Reaction score
Only after his UFC career is over IMO. then you come back for the Mania 1 off payday. Brocks issue was always the travel, take out the travel and I think he'll take the big payday.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'd fucking love to see one more run at Wrestlemania even if it was only something like The Rock is currently doing but at least a bit more involvement. :p WWE will sure as hell offer him a fair bit and he'd be a fool not to take it as it isn't even a hard schedule, he is currently UFCs top drawer I believe.. Or was that about 2 years ago? I know he hasn't fought much this year.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
In 2010, Brock Lesnar joined Mike Tyson as the only fighters to ever draw over 1 million pay-per-view buys in a single year. Tyson actually did it three times in 1996.

No, Pacquiao, Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley and De la Hoya have all done this too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't Mayweather vs De La Hoya do something like 2 million buys?

That is a good pay packet for two fights, obviously there is a lot more to it than that but really in the end he only had to fight twice and he made $5 million. That pay will continue to increase each year because more people will be buying the PPVs and he will be getting more sponsors as the sport continues to grow.