Brock Lesnar Reportedly Looking To Compete In High-Profile Grappling Tournaments

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar may be done competing as a mixed martial artist, but his days of competition in general could be far from over.

MMAMania reports that, according to his manager Brian Stegeman, Lesnar is looking to remain active in the combat sports community by competing in high-profile grappling tournaments such as the Brazilian jiu-jitsu Mundials and the Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championships.

Lesnar is apparently looking to keep his DeathClutch training center open and to remain active in assisting his training partners, as well as to continue to progress himself in the area of submission grappling.

An NCAA Division-1 collegiate wrestling champion, Lesnar entered the sport of MMA late and after spending close to a decade "competing" as a professional wrestler. After eight professional MMA bouts, Lesnar has called it quits from the sport, retiring after suffering a beating at the hands and feet and knees of Alistair Overeem.

Many assumed that Lesnar would likely be returning to pro-wrestling for some quick paydays without the promised violence - and he still very well may - but it looks like he intends to get his competitive fix by actually grappling against the world's best.

Fightline.com

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
So now he is looking to get himself tied in knots and tap? Ah well. More power to him.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Meh, he'll definitely be back in WWE in 2013 though.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I bet he'll win a couple of fights cause of his size and his wrestling abilities. But... ehhhh... WWE will be receiving the pain soon enough. I'd say probably 5 appearances total.

Deuce

Reaction score
Him in submission fighting would be a terrible decision, I mean he tapped out froma figure four from Frank Mir so I doubt he would do well there. He does have power but I haven't seen much submission fighting from him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Him in submission fighting would be a terrible decision, I mean he tapped out froma figure four from Frank Mir so I doubt he would do well there. He does have power but I haven't seen much submission fighting from him.

shoot man... watch Mir fights... you better tap or else he WILL break you. He broke Sylvia's arm from an armbar when Sylvia wouldn't tap and Big Nog had his arm broke when he didn't tap. Plus Mir had Brock in a heel hook... if Brock wouldn't of tapped he woulda had somethin torn in his achilles. Mir is one of those submission guys you do not mess with at all.

But as far as Brock and submissions go... we've only seen him really go for it once and that was against Shane and he put it in very nicely and made Carwin tap. I doubt he'd excel in the grappling competitions but I still think he could win probably a couple of them.