britney spears to tour with enrique

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
BRITNEY SPEARS AND ENRIQUE IGLESIAS – NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES
June 17 Sacramento, CA Power Balance Pavilion
June 18 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion
June 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
June 24 Anaheim, CA Honda Center
June 25 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand
June 28 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
June 29 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
July 1 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
July 4 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
July 6 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center
July 8 Chicago, IL United Center
July 12 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
July 13 Houston, TX Toyota Center
July 15 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena
July 17 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
July 20 Orlando, FL Amway Center
July 22 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
July 26 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
July 28 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
July 30 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
July 31 Washington, DC Verizon Center
August 2 Uniondale, NJ Nassau Coliseum
August 5 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
August 8 Boston, MA TD Garden
August 11 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
August 13 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Kairi

Reaction score
update

Enrique Iglesias has pulled out of the Britney Spears North American tour just hours after the tour was announced sources tell Billboard.biz

The Flash

Reaction score
I heard some rumors that Christina Aguilera may take Enrique's place on the tour. I really hope that happens.

Kairi

Reaction score
same, and now i'm hearing this

update

Hold onto your wigs. Nicki Minaj may be heading out on the road with Britney Spears. The Young Money diva is said to be in negotiations to open for the pop queen’s summer tour.

TMZ reports that Spears has eyed Minaj as her opening act for the upcoming North American trek. Lawyers for the two stars are in “serious talks.”

Sources say that things are looking very good and that they should reach an agreement in the next day or so. The raptress would replace Enrique Iglesias, who pulled out of Spears’ tour at the last minute.

Nicki is currently traveling the country with Lil Wayne on his “I Am Music II” tour, which wraps April 28. Britney’s tour is scheduled to begin on June 17.

Kairi

Reaction score
update:

Britney Spears is set to premiere her new Ray Kay-directed video for “Till The World Ends” on Wednesday (April 6).

JustJared.com can exclusively reveal that the shoot went so well, there will actually be TWO videos. The director’s cut will have more of an apocalyptic storyline while the choreography cut will have the unabridged version of Britney’s dance moves.

Till The World Ends” is the second single off of the 29-year-old pop princess’ latest album, Femme Fatale. It was co-written by Ke$ha and produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin, and Billboard.

FYI: Just Jared has also heard from reliable sources that rap impresario Nicki Minaj will be joining Britney on her upcoming Femme Fatale tour over the summer.

i'm still not sure on the minaj thing hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney Spears’ ‘Femme Fatale’ has debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. However, her fans may want to put their celebrations on hold as the record marks her 2nd her lowest 1st week sales to date, proving that she is definitely not stronger than yesterday.

‘Fatale’ enters the chart this week with sales of only 279k, giving her smallest debut figures since her debut LP, ‘…Baby One More Time’ which debuted with 120k. Spears’ previous lowest seller since then was 2007’s ‘Blackout’ which sold 290k in its 1st week with considerably less promotion than ‘Fatale’.

These numbers only add to the mounting disappointment that Spears has experienced in recent weeks following the quick decline of both her ‘Hold It Against Me’ and ‘Till The World Ends’ singles as well as Enrique Iglesias rejection of offers to join her upcoming summer tour.

On the contrary, artists with actual talent continue to soar. 2011’s best-selling album to date, Adele’s ‘21′, moves another 94k at the #3 spot, just behind Wiz Khalifa’s ‘Rolling Papers’ at #2 with 192k. Meanwhile, Chris Brown maintains a position in the top 5 at #4 with ‘F.A.M.E’ selling 88k copies.

Jennifer Hudson’s ‘I Remember Me’ drops to #7 with 54k whereas Mary Mary’s ‘Something Big’ debuts at #10 with just under 42k. Finally, Snoop Dogg made a surprising entry at #8 with ‘Doggumentary’ which sold 49k copies

Kairi

Reaction score
Songwriter defends Britney Spears

Songwriter Heather Bright, who penned tunes for Britney Spears' Femme Fatale, is defending the singer after blogs criticized her for having no co-writing credits on the new album.

Heather Bright Blog:

"I would just like to address one thing! The media is talking trash about how Britney didn't write any of the songs on her album … HELLO! Wake up everybody! NONE OF THESE ARTISTS WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS!!!!!! (there are a few exceptions … lady gaga, will.i.am/BEP, chris brown is starting to write a lot of his own stuff … ummmm … and now I'm running out of artists). Anyway … here's my thing … and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me, like all these other A-list artists, and said …

"Hey, you wanna be on my album? I'm gonna need writing credit for that song AND part of your publishing even though I didn't write anything! And then I'm gonna go on tour and gross $150 million in ticket sales and not give you any of that, even though I'm performing your song!"

"I could rattle off a laundry list of artists who I've had that conversation with! And I'm on the other end like … "Oh okay … so you wanna rape me, but just with the tip?!" *Prince side eye* Britney's one of the few artists I've worked with who didn't try to take something that wasn't hers. In my experience, from a business standpoint, her entire team is nothing less than a bonafide class act!"

<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
britney spears covers us. weekly

usbritney.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
It looks like at least one person on Britney Spears’ upcoming tour will have talent. It is now being reported that rapper Nicki Minaj has officially joined the summer venture.

Minaj will join the tour Spears during her sluggish 26-date trek across the US, replacing Enrique Iglesias who pulled out of the concert series last month. The tour is scheduled to kick off on June 17th in Sacramento, California.

Hopefully, Minaj will open the show so that patrons can quickly exit the building before Spears puts the designated drivers to sleep with her ‘routine’. Hit me baby one more time…so that I can wake up and leave.

Kairi

Reaction score
(People Magazine) Nicki Minaj’s Wig...

Posted by Admin
<!-- .meta --><!-- .header -->
medium.0d00x7z04c4q.png

<!-- .figure -->Nicki Minaj is not the typical female rapper, so it only makes sense that her style inspiration would be a little unusual as well. “Never did I think I would be rocking the Marge Simpson,” Minaj tells PEOPLE of her wigs, which she claims are reminiscent of The Simpsons matriarch’s tall blue beehive. “But you know what, now that I am [wearing] them I realize that she was cutting edge and before her time. So shout out to Marge.” While launching Casio’s new Tryx Camera at the Times Square Best Buy Theater on Thursday, the rapper explained, “My wigs are ever changing in height, width, color, size. They make me feel happy. Wearing them makes me feel that I can be a different person every day and that is kind of exciting.” But it’s not always an easy decision to pick the day’s do. “Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I am like, ‘This is a high-top day’ or ‘This is a bob day,’ but when I get my clothes on that’s when I see.” Luckily, Minaj has never faced a day without some hair to wear. “I always have lots of wigs to choose from,” she shares, thanking her “steady ” and ever-present hair stylist Terrence Davidson, who custom makes her eclectic wigs of art. “Terrence, my hair dresser, is always on the prowl. He is always making new stuff, and we talk about new styles as the days go by.” And he’s in charge of the all-important maintenance, since the petite rapper also has no qualms in wearing her wigs twice. “Of course I wear them more than once, ” she exclaimed. “Wash it and rotate, and it is good as new.” –Debra Lewis-Boothman

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney Spears To Tour With Nicki Minaj

Singer confirms the rumors about her Femme Fatale lineup on her website Tuesday.

After weeks of speculation, Nicki Minaj has at last been confirmed as the replacement for Enrique Iglesias on Britney Spears' upcoming Femme Fatale tour.

The ladies will also be joined by Jessie and the Toy Boys and Nervo on the all-female lineup. "This is the Femme Fatale tour, and I'm thrilled to have the hot Nicki Minaj join me and Jessie and the Toy Boys and Nervo will get everyone on the dance floor," Spears said on her website. "Can't wait to take the Femme Fatales on the road."
Minaj will join Spears after she wraps up touring with Lil Wayne on his I Am Still Music tour, which finishes up May 1 in New Jersey. Last week, Minaj told to MTV News that she was in talks to join the tour, after rumors began swirling that the sassy Queens MC would be hitting the road with the veteran pop superstar.

The tour kicks off on June 16 in Sacramento and will run for 26 dates through North America, winding up on August 13 in Toronto. Select tickets go on sale on April 30.
Spears manager Larry Rudolph, told MTV News that Britney's tour will have the post-apocalyptic vibe that's been present in her recent live sets and the video for "Till the World Ends."

"The way we come up with a concept for a show like this is we sit with Britney, she talks to us about what she's interested in and what excites her," Rudolph explained. "We start with the songs on the album; we start with coming up with general, broad concepts. She tells us what interests her and excites her, and from there, we have [the input of music tour director] Jamie King and [choreographer] Brian Friedman."

Kairi

Reaction score
Pop-star makes her comeback in the charts and online, according to Amplicate.com

NEW YORK, April 14 - Britney Spears’ new album ‘Femme Fatale’ is not only topping the charts, the singer herself has taken first place in the Top 10 Most Loved Pop Artists.

Amplicate, an online opinion collating resource that accounts for more than 80 million public opinions of social media users, reports over 26 thousand positive Britney Spears expressed on Twitter, Facebook and Amplicate within the last 3 months.

Comments on Britney include praise for the new album, news of her upcoming tours and numerous proclamations of love such as, “(...) She inspires, she creates, she dances, and is the best performer around. Her music keeps me going.”

While some of the comments were negative, like those stating blatantly, “She can't sing,” the star has a love rating of 96 percent.

Also among the Most Loved were Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Rihanna, all scoring a love percentage of above 90 percent.

Amplicate ranks the most discussed Female Pop Artists to show how the Top 10 compare against each other in terms of public love, reach and absolute opinion. The service also publishes rankings and public opinions for over 200 thousand topics.

1 Britney Spears
2 Katy Perry
3 Taylor Swift
4 Rihanna
5 Beyonce Knowles
6 Christina Aguilera
7 Carrie Underwood
8 Shakira
9 Lady Gaga
10 Kesha

Kairi

Reaction score
Nicki Minaj sat down with Teen VOGUE recently to talk style, beauty, advice, new artists and more Here is the interview below:

Have you always had bold style?
“I’ve constantly tried new things, even as a child, and have always been obsessed with the color pink. Now I’m just a little more ladylike and fearless. You should never feel afraid to become a piece of art. It’s exhilarating.â€￾

Do you have an essential fashion item?
“Flat knee-high boots! They can be cheap or expensive, purple, green, yellow, pink—you name it. I’m in heels a lot so I love when I can slip my boots on. They’re comfortable and cute!â€￾

Who are your favorite designers?
“I just love off-the-wall, radical, colorful pieces. Lately I find myself in Versace and Alexander McQueen. As for shoes, a sexy Louboutin heel always does the trick.â€￾

Is there a beauty item that you can’t live without?
“Pink lipstick! I did an amazing project with M.A.C and created my Pink 4 Friday shade. It was a great experience.â€￾

Have you ever worn a look and regretted it the next day?
“All the time, but it’s the price you pay when you wanna play!â€￾

Do you have advice for new struggling artists?
“Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.â€￾

Kairi

Reaction score
Fans are eight weeks away from the launch of the Femme Fatale tour. Britney Spears, along with top-line tour opener Nicki Minaj, will get the party started in June in Sacramento, California.

Minaj has called the slot “an honor.” When MTV News caught up with the Barbie herself in New Orleans for the latest stop on the I Am Still Music Tour, she opened up a bit more about the matchup.

“She’s definitely iconic and I’m very excited,” Minaj explained. “It’s weird. I just always remember her, since I was little, ruling the world, so I’m really excited to just expand my fanbase and show people that I can be a part of any world.”

Minaj is the reigning princess in the hip-hop world, and she feels that hooking up with pop’s leading queen will expand her horizons, even if she has to make some changes to her stage show.

“Of course I will adjust some things. I definitely will take away that one particular stage prop,” she said of one very phallic object, adding that her music and set list will basically stay the same. “We’ll add some stuff ’cause I got some new things coming out this summer, some new records.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Pop heavyweight Britney Spears is busy preparing for her upcoming ‘Femme Fatale Tour’ with Nicki Minaj this Summer. Just Jared has exclusively revealed video of the icon’s dance rehearsal for the tour. Peep the video after the jump:

[youtube]T8KxlkSarxE[/youtube]